Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

19 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Good luck using it.  App is hot garbage and is real bad right now bc everyone is trying to watch Kong vs. Godzilla so it's so slow it's unusable. 

Yeah I did notice the app seemed buggy and pretty much terrible when trying to peruse their library.  I totally forgot about Kong vs Godzilla being on there.

We haven't had any issues with our HBO Max app. Been watching old episodes of Whose Line on there. Forgot how funny that show was 

Sounds like season 2 of Evil is coming to Netflix sometime in the next few months. Definitely recommend that if you haven't seen it yet. 

DO NOT WATCH Deadly Illusions on Netflix. That is a horrible, horrible movie. We thought it would be good since it has Kristin Davis and Dermot Mulroney in it, but it was just awful. It's currently at 10% and 12% on Rotten Tomatoes :flush

• Fire 1

Watched "This Is a Robbery: The World's Greatest Art Heist" on Netflix. Pretty wild story. 

Also watching "How to Fix a Drug Scandal" on Netflix. It's about 2 chemists in different drug labs in Massachusetts and how they screwed the whole justice system up. 

• Plus1 1

We have been watching "The Keepers" on Netflix this week. 

The Keepers is a seven-episode American documentary web series that explores the unsolved murder of nun Catherine Cesnik in 1969. Cesnik taught English and drama at Baltimore's all-girls Archbishop Keough High School, and her former students' belief that there was a cover-up by authorities after she suspected that a priest at the high school, A. Joseph Maskell, was guilty of sexually abusing students.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keepers

It's pretty sad, but watching all of these women keep fighting for their own justice and the nun's is pretty inspiring. 

On 3/11/2021 at 8:26 AM, knapplc said:

We're a few episodes into Season 2 and we like it. One of my friends gave me several spoilers in about two sentences before I could stop her, so I know this show goes off in a lot of different directions over its four seasons.  

It's interesting how every three or four episodes of S1 they basically change everything up. The season ends very differently from where it started. 

About 2/3 of the way through season 3.  You are correct, it has gone off in some strange directions.  But, I really like it.  

• 1 month later...

Watched Army of the Dead on Netflix.  As with most Zack Snyder movies, it's about 1 hour too long.  Fun, campy zombie movie, good action sequences.  A big part of the plot makes absolutely zero sense.  Fun popcorn flick.  Lots of graphic violence so definitely not appropriate for young kids.  Zombie tiger!

On 5/26/2021 at 6:01 PM, teachercd said:

Your thoughts.

Prime sort of sucks for movies

Hulu I like more than Netflix

Yeah, all 3 are a little lacking in the movie department. But all 3 also have a good handful you can’t find elsewhere. Series and originals is where Netflix and Prime are maybe a bit stronger but Hulu also has some stuff you can’t find other places. I’d say Netflix is prob my favorite of the 3. If it wasn’t for free Prime shipping, I could give up Prime. It isn’t worth it just as a streaming service.

If you need some stuff to watch on Prime try The Boys, Good Omens, Man In The High Castle and The Expanse. They also have a lot of the Monte Python movies and the original TV series.