Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Been watching season 3 of You on Netflix. All the spousal cheating pisses me off. I want murder! :lol:

Can't remember if I posted this one, but Only Murders in the Building has been pretty good. Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez start a podcast to solve a murder in their NYC apartment building. 

14 minutes ago, GSG said:

Been watching season 3 of You on Netflix. All the spousal cheating pisses me off. I want murder! :lol:

Can't remember if I posted this one, but Only Murders in the Building has been pretty good. Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez start a podcast to solve a murder in their NYC apartment building. 

You is good this season, much better than season 2 so far.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:41 AM, Husker Poyer said:

I've been really enjoying Succession on HBO.

Same.  Also thought The White Lotus was great as well as.  Written by Mike White.   Just read there will be a season 2.  Also really like Mike White's 'Enlightented' with Laura Dern (and Mike White among others).  I tried watching Squid Game and just couldn't get into it. 

The Way Down about the church leader Gwen Shamblin was also good.  

We just re-watched the first season of Locke & Key to get ready for season 2. The comics that it is based on were written by Joe Hill, Stephen King's son

After Rendell Locke is murdered at the hands of former student Sam Lesser, his wife Nina decides to move with her three children, Tyler, Kinsey, and Bode, from Seattle to Matheson, Massachusetts, and take residence in Rendell's family home, Keyhouse. The children soon discover a number of mysterious keys throughout the house that can be used to unlock various doors in magical ways. They soon become aware, though, of a demonic entity that is also searching for the keys for its own malevolent purposes.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:45 AM, GSG said:

On 10/20/2021 at 10:00 AM, teachercd said:

You is good this season, much better than season 2 so far.

I tried hard to get into that show, but it comes off as a low-rent Shonda Rhimes show. 

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

I’m not the biggest Beatles fan but I’m finding the “Get Back” documentary on Disney fascinating. It seems weird to watch the metamorphosis of classic songs like Get Back and Let It Be. Those songs have just always existed but they set out to write 12 to 14 new sons, rehearse them and then perform them live. I had no idea that’s how some of those songs came to be and they pretty much filmed the whole process.  Thought it would be fairly boring but, like I said, it’s pretty fascinating.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m not the biggest Beatles fan but I’m finding the “Get Back” documentary on Disney fascinating. It seems weird to watch the metamorphosis of classic songs like Get Back and Let It Be. Those songs have just always existed but they set out to write 12 to 14 new sons, rehearse them and then perform them live. I had no idea that’s how some of those songs came to be and they pretty much filmed the whole process.  Thought it would be fairly boring but, like I said, it’s pretty fascinating.

All the rockumentaries I watch make me realize how so many people are so smart to film/photograph things that are going on.  

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first season of Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller, it's on National Geographic but we've been watching on Hulu. Each episode covers a different topic; Scams (like phone/lottery scams), Fentanyl, Counterfeiting, Steroids, Guns, etc. She goes to great lengths to interview these people. Pretty good stuff. New season just started with an episode on black market cosmetic surgery, which was pretty sad. 

1 hour ago, GSG said:

Watched the first season of Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller, it's on National Geographic but we've been watching on Hulu. Each episode covers a different topic; Scams (like phone/lottery scams), Fentanyl, Counterfeiting, Steroids, Guns, etc. She goes to great lengths to interview these people. Pretty good stuff. New season just started with an episode on black market cosmetic surgery, which was pretty sad. 

I almost started watching this but all of the topics seems sort of boring.  

I was going to start with the one on steroids.  How was that one?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I almost started watching this but all of the topics seems sort of boring.  

I was going to start with the one on steroids.  How was that one?

That one is pretty funny cuz the main guy she talks to thinks he's a doctor but he's just juiced up former lawyer. 

Her whole thing is that she goes into places and interviews these people and doesn't disclose their identities/locations. She was in the middle of the jungle watching dudes process cocaine in the middle of night. In the guns episode she follows a shipment of guns from the US all the way to the cartel in Sinoloa, Mexico. It's pretty crazy.