Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, it was fun to watch it again but it really starts get a little lame.

It really was must see TV for me back in the day.  

I still rank it in my top 4.  In no particular order.

Game of Thrones

Sopranos

Breaking Bad

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I still rank it in my top 4.  In no particular order.

Game of Thrones

Sopranos

Breaking Bad

So I never watched BB while it was on, I streamed it later on.

GoT was sort of the same but I did start to watch it live.

Sopranos was another that I never really watched live.

24 was one for sure though that I always watched.  

17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I think you will like it.  Decently accurate historical wise and the storyline is good and acting was good.   Plus I like those period pieces.   

I started Vikings Valhalla last night. Like it a lot….better than Last Kingdom. Not surprisingly very similar to Vikings.

• Oh Yeah! 1

We've watched quite a few new series lately:

Emily in Paris - I didn't choose this. It was not good.
Queer Eye - Their usual formula stuff. The show is getting pretty blah
Cobra Kai - The latest season was just like the previous three. They need to wrap this up. Still, it's dumbly funny and has good 80s references
Book of Boba Fett - Eh. I didn't mind it. I get the criticisms about it. It's campy Star Wars universe fun. 
Only Murders in the Building - Really liked this, which is surprising because I'm not a fan of Selena Gomez (who was good) or Martin Short (who was surprisingly good)
Space Force - Season two was not nearly as good as season one. Seemed like they were just going through the motions.
Kominsky Method - We've just started season two (of three so far). This is not a comedy like we thought. It's good, well-acted, but it's dark. Lots of cancer-related plot.

Had a free trial of Apple TV+ this weekend on Comcast. Watched s1 of The Morning Show. Excellent topical series about the “me too” movement and sexual harassment in the workplace.

Also watched the movie Greyhound which I really enjoyed. Done by Tom Hanks and very similar to Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Wanted to watch For All Mankind series but didn’t have enough time.

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching the HBO series Winning Time: Rise of the Lakers. Enjoying it very much. Was a fan of the Lakers back in the day when it was basically just them and the Celtics. At the time I wasn’t aware of all the behind the scenes stuff and the seedy underbelly of it all. I’m sure it is being over dramatized but it’s a fun watch. However I didn’t realize the whole series was not out so have only got 5 episodes in. Probably won’t finish it until it is complete.

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 4/6/2022 at 11:20 PM, JJ Husker said:

Started watching the HBO series Winning Time: Rise of the Lakers. Enjoying it very much. Was a fan of the Lakers back in the day when it was basically just them and the Celtics. At the time I wasn’t aware of all the behind the scenes stuff and the seedy underbelly of it all. I’m sure it is being over dramatized but it’s a fun watch. However I didn’t realize the whole series was not out so have only got 5 episodes in. Probably won’t finish it until it is complete.

I just watched those 5 episodes this past week and it’s already one of my favorite series I’ve seen.  Love how it’s shot in a granular type form.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I just watched those 5 episodes this past week and it’s already one of my favorite series I’ve seen.  Love how it’s shot in a granular type form.  

Yeah it’s good. I do wish I would’ve waited until it had all dropped though. I just can’t do the week to week thing anymore.

What I am finding most surprising is how big of dicks some of these people must’ve been. Kareem, Auerbach, the prior Lakers owner, Jerry West, Norm Nixon. And then how mild and meek and nobodyish a person like Pat Riley started out. Didn’t get any of those vibes being a fan back in the day.

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah it’s good. I do wish I would’ve waited until it had all dropped though. I just can’t do the week to week thing anymore.

What I am finding most surprising is how big of dicks some of these people must’ve been. Kareem, Auerbach, the prior Lakers owner, Jerry West, Norm Nixon. And then how mild and meek and nobodyish a person like Pat Riley started out. Didn’t get any of those vibes being a fan back in the day.

Agreed.  I always perceived Kareem to be a mild mannered good guy from how I remember him

being portrayed back in the day.  I always thought Riley was the “flashy” coach too.  The previous Lakers owner also owned the Redskins and he seemed like a real d!(k in the show.   

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...