Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

47 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Just about finished with Laker's series on HBO.  I'm not a huge documentary fan, or a Laker's fan but it's pretty damn good.  It does a good job of telling the story but it's not an actual documentary.  Plus, John C. Reilly is the man and does a great job.

Yeah it’s a really good show. I just don’t know how accurate some of it is. I have trouble believing some of those people were actually as bad as portrayed. No way Bird was THAT big of a prick….or maybe he was :lol:

55 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah it’s a really good show. I just don’t know how accurate some of it is. I have trouble believing some of those people were actually as bad as portrayed. No way Bird was THAT big of a prick….or maybe he was :lol:

Haha Agreed.  I know a good chunk of it is true but I also don’t know how much is embellished and such.  I think he actually might have been from what I’ve heard…

Great series:

• Breaking Bad
  • Better Call Saul
  • Ozark .... well kinda
  • Used to be Sons of Anarchy and Hell on Wheels .... both dropped for some reason

Bad series IMO, House of Cards

So-so series ..... Walking Dead

I enjoyed documentaries like Making of Murder, Evil Genius,  Wild Wild Country, Innocent Man, etc.  Though biased but interesting

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Stranger Things 4….on Netflix now.

Just finished it. Plan your time accordingly, each episode is at least an hour and the finale is almost 2 hours. 

Only about a month for Volume 2!

• Plus1 1
On 5/27/2022 at 7:44 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

Great series:

• Breaking Bad
  • Better Call Saul
  • Ozark .... well kinda
  • Used to be Sons of Anarchy and Hell on Wheels .... both dropped for some reason

Bad series IMO, House of Cards

So-so series ..... Walking Dead

I enjoyed documentaries like Making of Murder, Evil Genius,  Wild Wild Country, Innocent Man, etc.  Though biased but interesting

Interesting take on House of Cards.  I thought the first few seasons were elite but agree the show jumped the shark at the end.  The last season was unwatchable.

First 3 episodes of The Boys s3 is out on Prime.

Early in the first episode has one of the most disturbing scenes I’ve ever witnessed in a show. If you recall the beginning of s1 ep1, sort of like that but more cringy…..I’m sure my mouth was agape as I thought WTF :lol:

On 6/4/2022 at 2:43 PM, JJ Husker said:

First 3 episodes of The Boys s3 is out on Prime.

Early in the first episode has one of the most disturbing scenes I’ve ever witnessed in a show. If you recall the beginning of s1 ep1, sort of like that but more cringy…..I’m sure my mouth was agape as I thought WTF :lol:

C’mon, somebody watch this and share your thoughts. It’s killing me me not knowing if others find it as messed up as I did :lol:

On 5/29/2022 at 7:44 PM, GSG said:

Just finished it. Plan your time accordingly, each episode is at least an hour and the finale is almost 2 hours. 

Only about a month for Volume 2!

I'm waiting until Volume 2 comes out to start. I hate waiting for shows like that.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

That show faded out so fast.  It was unreal how fast it went from must see to "they made another season?"

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

That show faded out so fast.  It was unreal how fast it went from must see to "they made another season?"

Yup, seasons 1 and 2 were terrific.  3 was pretty good but started to feel a bit repetitive but then S4 got things going again with Robin Wright getting more involved although some of the plot lines were just absurd.  S5 and S6 complete jumping of the shark.