Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

If anyone is a comic book/graphic novel fan, Amazon just dropped S3 of "The Boys" a couple weeks ago.  It is...a lot.  Super dark, graphic violence and lots of humor.  The really go for it.  Premise of the show is there is a band of superheroes that are out stopping crimes, etc. and they work for a megacorp that puts them on TV shows, movies, sponsorships, etc.  As usual, things don't pass the smell test.  Cast is a little under heralded although there are some recognizable names like Elisabeth Shue, Karl Urban, Laz Alonzo and a few others.  Show is definitely not for the weak of stomach. 

The show has had multiple "What in the Eff" moments and I am not usually one to get shocked but it has some interesting moments.

I think the show is good.. Not great. It has moments where I am invested but feels a bit disjointed at times. 

5 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

The show has had multiple "What in the Eff" moments and I am not usually one to get shocked but it has some interesting moments.

I think the show is good.. Not great. It has moments where I am invested but feels a bit disjointed at times. 

That's fair, what I appreciate about the show is it's balls to the wall all the time.  They're always really going for it.

• Plus1 1

Haven't gotten around to it yet but have heard glowing things about "The Bear" on Hulu.  Here's the description:

A young chef from the fine dining world comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop after a heartbreaking death in his family. A world away from what he's used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing realities of small business ownership, his strong-willed and recalcitrant kitchen staff and his strained familial relationships, all while grappling with the impact of his brother's suicide. As Carmy fights to transform both the shop and himself, he works alongside a rough-around-the-edges kitchen crew that ultimately reveals itself as his chosen family.

My wife thought the long Holiday weekend would be the perfect time to watch the whole Marvel universe in chronological order. :lol:

Captain America, Agent Carter and Captain Marvel down….2 bazillion to go. We’ll be lucky to get even 4 more but I’m not complaining.

• Plus1 2
On 6/30/2022 at 7:34 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I don't know how many of you have seen the movie "Idiocracy" but man when I watched it years ago I didn't know how spot on it was going to be.  We aren't quite there yet but very close

Love that movie because of the irony. It was obviously an over the top farce but has become prophetic. I’d say in many cases actual society has surpassed it.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Love that movie because of the irony. It was obviously an over the top farce but has become prophetic. I’d say in many cases actual society has surpassed it.

Amazed as to how many people haven't seen it.  It's like not being able to use the term "common sense" these days because it's not common.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 10:00 AM, GSG said:

@Xmas32 Wife and I were talking about watching that. Let us know what you think

Got through 'The Bear' last week.

Quick thoughts, it's a really, really, really well written show.  It's very intense at times and does a great job of giving you a realistic look at what it's like being in a kitchen.  The lead actor does a great job of conveying the heaviness of everything that is being heaped upon him.  They did a great job casting the show and there is a surprise cameo on who they got to play the older brother that does a great job of bringing the character to life.  I can't wait to watch it again.