Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Moron!  What's next...Are you going to tell us Romeo and Juliet DON'T live happily ever after???

I know it is only 400 years old but I have not finished it yet.

What's really gross is Romeo is 16 and Juliet is 13 :lol:

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

We started watching "Devil in Ohio" on Netflix. Has some "Satanic panic" vibes. Actress from Bones is the main star. It's a limited series with only 8 episodes if you're looking for something while you're in-between shows 

If you have Paramount Plus, I recommend Evil. Great show 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:23 AM, GSG said:

We started watching "Devil in Ohio" on Netflix. Has some "Satanic panic" vibes. Actress from Bones is the main star. It's a limited series with only 8 episodes if you're looking for something while you're in-between shows 

If you have Paramount Plus, I recommend Evil. Great show 

Watched Devil in Ohio. Thought it started out strong but limped in the last few episodes. Disappointed with how they wound it up.

Murders in the Building on Hulu has been very good.

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Watched Devil in Ohio. Thought it started out strong but limped in the last few episodes. Disappointed with how they wound it up.

Murders in the Building on Hulu has been very good.

Yeah I was going to take back my recommendation of Devil in Ohio. There were a lot of things that were never resolved or explained. And the ending just dragged (we still have 15 minutes left lol)

OMitB is great. Can't wait for the next season

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

On Hulu...there is a two part documentary on KISS

Sadly, Ace and Peter refused to take part in it, which I sort of get but still.

Will have to look that one up. I have their first 8 albums on vinyl and they were the first ever concert I went to, 1977ish…Omaha Civic Auditorium ;)

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:02 AM, teachercd said:

Nice!!

It is a good watch...Gene and Paul come off as very sincere about the band and all the issues they had.

Watched Kisstory last night. Pretty well done but a bit too long imo. I had forgotten how brief their time on top was. The 77 concert I attended was right at their peak. Once they released their solo albums it was over. Everything after Alive II was pretty darned bad.

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, GSG said:

Watched Elvis last night on HBO Max. Was surprised I liked it that much until I realized it was a Baz Luhrman film

Lol yeah he's got quite the interesting way of shooting a movie.  I'm still efforting on getting to see Elvis on the big screen if possible because while I've heard mixed things on the movie, the music is supposedly top tier and they really nailed it.  What did you think @GSG?  My home audio setup is pretty basic with just a soundbar/sub so I try to see the movies in the theater if possible.

Just now, Xmas32 said:

Lol yeah he's got quite the interesting way of shooting a movie.  I'm still efforting on getting to see Elvis on the big screen if possible because while I've heard mixed things on the movie, the music is supposedly top tier and they really nailed it.  What did you think @GSG?  My home audio setup is pretty basic with just a soundbar/sub.

I don't have anything fancy, just a sub and big a$$ sound bar. The music is great, they mix in some modern stuff which seemed weird at first but I thought it worked. I thought the acting was good but Tom Hanks is a little cartoony at times. The story itself seemed to gloss over some things, so there are some sort of time jumps in a way. But like you said, he shoots in an interesting looking movie and, for me, that kept me fixed on the screen.

Just now, GSG said:

I don't have anything fancy, just a sub and big a$$ sound bar. The music is great, they mix in some modern stuff which seemed weird at first but I thought it worked. I thought the acting was good but Tom Hanks is a little cartoony at times. The story itself seemed to gloss over some things, so there are some sort of time jumps in a way. But like you said, he shoots in an interesting looking movie and, for me, that kept me fixed on the screen.

Yep, that's pretty par for the course for Luhrman.  If it's the first time you see it it's a bit of a curveball for sure.  I remember seeing The Great Gatsby and all of a sudden they were playing H to the Izzo by Jay-Z and I was like, "WTF"