Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

• 3 weeks later...

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Wednesday ended up being worth it. Fun little short series. Jenna Ortega kills it.

The Menu on HBO Max was also enjoyable. Quirky, strange, different black comedy. Excellent use of 1hr 45m featuring Ralph Fiennes, Anya Joy Taylor, John Leguizamo. Twisted but fun.

Oh shoot that's on HBO Max already?  Excellent! I've been meaning to watch it and didn't get a chance to hit the theaters.

• Plus1 1

Just about wrapped up with Tulsa King on Paramount+, I came in with pretty low expectations but have been pleasantly surprised.  Stallone plays an aging mobster that gets shipped out to Tulsa.  Stallone tries (and fails miserably) to be funny but the show is a mix of campy and serious.  I've been pleasantly entertained watching it and appreciate that it's a show I can just pop on and blow through a few episodes at a time.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Oh shoot that's on HBO Max already?  Excellent! I've been meaning to watch it and didn't get a chance to hit the theaters.

I wouldn’t classify The Menu as theater going worthy but it’s still great for a couple hours at home.

I may have to give Tulsa King a try. My expectations are low enough that I may enjoy it also.

• Fire 1
5 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Just about wrapped up with Tulsa King on Paramount+, I came in with pretty low expectations but have been pleasantly surprised.  Stallone plays an aging mobster that gets shipped out to Tulsa.  Stallone tries (and fails miserably) to be funny but the show is a mix of campy and serious.  I've been pleasantly entertained watching it and appreciate that it's a show I can just pop on and blow through a few episodes at a time.

Super easy watch.  If it is not Sly in it, I probably don't watch it but even though he has played the same character in pretty much every movie ever...I still watch.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Super easy watch.  If it is not Sly in it, I probably don't watch it but even though he has played the same character in pretty much every movie ever...I still watch.

Last thing I watched with Stallone was the first Expendables movie. I laughed so hard at him "running" I couldn't watch the rest of the movie 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, GSG said:

Last thing I watched with Stallone was the first Expendables movie. I laughed so hard at him "running" I couldn't watch the rest of the movie 

I struggle with his face ever since he had some “work” done. He just doesn’t look right anymore. Kind of a Kenny Rogers/Joan Rivers vibe.