Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The Last of Us is still awesome.

It's amazing how so much of the detail is precise to the game.  When they walk into a new room I'm like "oh yeah I remember this map".  Every last detail is there.

Bill's town was much more intense in the game.  I was disappointed they didn't have some of those amazing action sequences.  That's where I really fell in love with the game.  Also disappointed Bill and Ellie didn't get to meet.  Beyond that the show has been great!  The casting has been on point. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's amazing how so much of the detail is precise to the game.  When they walk into a new room I'm like "oh yeah I remember this map".  Every last detail is there.

Bill's town was much more intense in the game.  I was disappointed they didn't have some of those amazing action sequences.  That's where I really fell in love with the game.  Also disappointed Bill and Ellie didn't get to meet.  Beyond that the show has been great!  The casting has been on point. 

This is interesting. I was just thinking after watching eps 4&5 how much it didn’t seem like a game. It just seems like a well made and acted series…of course I never played the game so I have no clue on that front.

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm gonna play the games after the first season is done so I'll see what I missed. But episode 3 was great.

On 2/13/2023 at 2:21 PM, JJ Husker said:

This is interesting. I was just thinking after watching eps 4&5 how much it didn’t seem like a game. It just seems like a well made and acted series…of course I never played the game so I have no clue on that front.

The game was essentially a well-made and acted series.

Maybe most of you have already seen this since it’s an older series but Boardwalk Empire on HBO Max is really really good.

I’m surprised I hadn’t watched it much sooner. It’s about the rise of organized crime in prohibition era 1920s. Some of the characters are fictional but many were actual gangsters. I think it weaves in and out of actual events, based on actual events and fiction. Al Capone’s early days, Johnny Torrio, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky….a whole bunch of actual mafioso guys. And a great cast, Steve Buscemi, Michael Shannon, the guys that played Junior in Soprano's and Omar in the Wire to name a few. Anyway I’m finding it very historically interesting as I Google the names. Guess I didn’t realize how much influence prohibition actually had on the rise of organized crime.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe most of you have already seen this since it’s an older series but Boardwalk Empire on HBO Max is really really good.

I’m surprised I hadn’t watched it much sooner. It’s about the rise of organized crime in prohibition era 1920s. Some of the characters are fictional but many were actual gangsters. I think it weaves in and out of actual events, based on actual events and fiction. Al Capone’s early days, Johnny Torrio, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky….a whole bunch of actual mafioso guys. And a great cast, Steve Buscemi, Michael Shannon, the guys that played Junior in Soprano's and Omar in the Wire to name a few. Anyway I’m finding it very historically interesting as I Google the names. Guess I didn’t realize how much influence prohibition actually had on the rise of organized crime.

Thanks for bringing up Boardwalk Empire being on HBO Max.  I remember seeing some of it and remember liking it well enough.  Am going to revisit.

11 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

"MH370: The Plane That Dissappeared" just released on Netflix is worth the watch.  Especially if you're running low on your conspiracy theories.  

Overhead some people at work talking about this one. Sounded interesting.

Unrelated - somehow their discussion of this doc led into a discussion of how we should be sending money to Ukraine because there are over 8 million illegals in San Diego now. :blink: 

8 hours ago, GSG said:

Overhead some people at work talking about this one. Sounded interesting.

Unrelated - somehow their discussion of this doc led into a discussion of how we should be sending money to Ukraine because there are over 8 million illegals in San Diego now. :blink: 

People tying politics to a normal conversation at work is so annoying.  

But as far as the show, It’s a good three part documentary on one of the most bizarre events in aviation history.   It definitely provides a lot of “food for thought” on what the heck could have happened.