SIGNED DE A.J. Natter

Got a Wisconsin offer but A.J. seems to really like us. I gotta believe he will be N.

Long article at Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 25, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS A J NATTER, DE, 6-5, 240, 4.7, MILTON, WISCONSIN

“It was really nice I got a lot of one on one time with the coaches, got to see more of the campus, the facilities. More game day stuff, got to meet new people, got to meet the coaches.” Natter said about his visit to Nebraska for Junior Day’s.

“The main thing was I got to sit down with Coach Bo Pelini, Coach J P (Papuchis), the head of Strength and Conditioning James Dobson. He’s actually form Wisconsin so we sat down during lunch and talked about home town a little bit, know each other a little better. Overall it was a really good day. A lot of information throwing at me that day it was a great experience.” Natter said

Conversation With Bo

“He just wanted to sit down with me talk one on one kind of relax not like game day where it’s all hyped up. So it was nice to sit down and talk. Basically what we talked about is what he sees me in the program, why they want me, not since a dire emergency sort of thing” Natter said

NU Not Pushing For A Commit

“I don’t think he (Bo) tried to pressure me or anything like that. It was more like why they wanted me, why they give me the opportunity. We tried not to talk about a lot in depth with football more of a general perception how I would fit in.”

“He (Bo) can see me as a run stop holding my end of the line but the same time he can see me as one of those guys as a pass rusher, coming down on a 3-4 as a linemen. Just things he can see me as, tying to let me know what they see in me.”

Bonding With Other NU Coaches

“I have a real good relationship with J P right now, he said, “I’m eventually going to call him in a little bit after my work out. It’s been a busy early couple days. We talk about the same thing about Pelini, where I am at with recruiting, how I’m doing personally, that sort of stuff.”

“The main thing was just get down there (Lincoln) and meet with him (J P) again with my family, my mother and father. They met him before they (parents) sort of have a relationship with him. It was sit down, talk and answer questions that we had for him, mostly for him answering my questions.”

Praises New NU D-Line Coach

“He’s (Coach Rick Kaczenski) really good guy. He wasn’t down for Junior Day’s he had a family event. I’ve been able to talk to him over the phone. I thing when I come down I’ll be able to meet him. He’s just a really great guy and I’ve heard great things about him through Coach Pelini and all those other coaches. They say great things about him.” Natter said

“I think the first couple times we talked we just connected, get situated. He seems like a great guy, personally though my eyes and ears over the phone.”

“I like all the schools that are giving me the opportunity to play ball for them,” Natter said, “its (NU) definelty a nice school, the fan base and everything about it. It’s impressive”

“They (Nebraska) really take pride in that,” Natter said of Nebraska’s academic reputation, “I got to talk to the academic advisor down there, and he seemed like a really nice guy as well. They really, really make that point sold. I think they are straight.”

Frequent Visitor To Lincoln – Third Time

“It’s just one of those schools I like visiting. I don’t have a favorite; I don’t have a Number 1, Number 2 or Number 3 school. It’s (NU) definelty on of the schools I like to look at. I think I will be planning another (visit) for spring practice or spring game in a couple of months.” Natter said

Not A Bad Drive To Lincoln

“It’s about a seven hour,” Natter said about his trips to Lincoln, “It’s pretty easy when you get down to Iowa, straight across Iowa to Lincoln. It’s a lot easier for driving. People look at the time factor; it’s a long stretch of roads – easy drive.”

“I really enjoy it (Lincoln) it’s not a huge city, not spread out too much,” he said, “It’s just a really nice town. It has nice restaurants. We got to go to I think it was Lazlo’s Steak House, I got a nice steak, treat myself for once.”

Badger’s Offered

“Yes they did,” Natter said in response if Wisconsin offered him a scholarship at Junior Day’s. “It was a good trip got to meet all the coaches.”

“Grew up I’ve always been a Badger fan that’s part of growing up. This is the first year I really gotten to know about Nebraska. It shocked me that they have so much to offer. They are definelty one of the contenders for the Big Ten Championship I believe. This year it would be interesting to see what happens.” Natter said

Comparing Traveling Time

“I really don’t care I think there are perks to both of them (Nebraska and Wisconsin). It happens that I’m close 30 minutes from Wisconsin from my house. That’s the good part but also there are a whole lot of reasons (to choose a school) and I don’t think distance is a main factor for me.” Natter said

Distance Not A Major Issue

“Although, that will be one of the factors I’ll definelty look at. It’s not a bad drive to Lincoln. It’s just do I want to stay up here (Wisconsin) or go away for awhile, kind of get that feeling getting away from your home town for a little bit, get up for something new. It will be interesting how that plays out.” Natter said

Looking At The Whole Picture

“I don’t look how bad they (schools) want me but I guess I do. I think people put on a great show, I think people make it an effort to get me out there really show me around, meet some of the players. I get to see a lot of things I haven’t seen before future plans for the programs.” Natter said

“I’m going to Michigan State next weekend (Feb 25), they have offered already. I’m up to eight offers right now. I’ve talked to Coach Mike Tressel and Coach Brad Salem. He (Salem) is the guy recruiting me I’m in his area. They seem like good guys, I’ve heard some good things about the players and the coaches, facilities.” Natter said

MSU To Be Considered

“So that could be one of those schools up there with Wisconsin and Nebraska. I’m really looking at these visits in a way; kind of the schools that really that really interest me apart from the others. I probably won’t have any commit before I visit these schools.”

“I will try to plan a visit for Iowa because they offered me. I think we were looking at a possible visit to Ohio State in the spring time – spring practice something like that. Right now there is nothing set in stone.” Natter said

What Is The Right School

“I’m looking at everything right now. Be able to trust those coaches, interacting with the coaches, really forming that family connection, teammates and fans. That is a big thing for me, be able to be part of the family. A lot of schools that I’m looking at have those attributes like that, academics.” Natter said

“I’m also looking at potential roster the depth chart. A lot of these schools are needed of a defensive end. I think it helps create opportunities a defense end like me.” No Time Table To Commit

“If I commit it’s going to be a commit it’s not going to be one of those soft commits. It’s going to be 100 percent. I’m going to this school and not de-commit for any reason. It may be an early commit or a late commit. I don’t want to do that National Signing date pulling out a hat, choosing a hat. I don’t think that is right personally and it’s all for show.” Natter said

Rare Talent

“I’m a good thing to have I’m 6 feet 5 and a half, 240 pounds with a 4.7 forty and a 35 inch vertical. That doesn’t come around much I think. Not only the size factor for me, speed, and the motor in me I pursue to a play – just the way I’m.” Natter said

Fast Motor

“This year they were running away from my side of the ball, so I had to do a lot of chasing down finishing the plays off. If that runner or that receiver gets by the corner back or linebacker or defensive linemen, I’m always there to help out as a safety valve. I think everyone should do that on the team, I think everyone should pursue. I think what our team needs to do next year.”

cornhead.gif

• 1 month later...

Will probably be our next commit, he didn't wanna do any interviews until tonight. He stayed until Sunday night before he left to go home.

I was just about to come on and say that I believe that he will be our next commit as well. I get a Westerkamp/Klachko feel about him. He just seems very high on us.

Will probably be our next commit, he didn't wanna do any interviews until tonight. He stayed until Sunday night before he left to go home.

Maybe he wanted to wait and do interviews when he got back home, away from the crazy Husker fans, so he can commit to Iowa. :sarcasm

Maybe he wanted to wait and do interviews when he got back home, away from the crazy Husker fans, so he can commit to Iowa. :sarcasm

If he does im blaming you. But if he picks us :power !