SIGNED DE A.J. Natter

AJ will probably the top or second ranked kid in Wisky this year. This is a great get.

Wisky fans will make it sound as if, they have "better ranked ahead of him" or the small class played a role in this result, but IT stings for them. A LOT.

Yup stole him from right under there vision! Wow!

AJ Natter is NU's 4th commit for 2013. http://t.co/WBiuKHL4 #Huskers need to keep hitting Wisconsin this cycle. So few spots for #Badgers -- Samuel McKewon (@swmckewonOWH)

When I asked how small he said 10-12. Which is mind boggling considering they only had 12 this past year. Isn't it ideal to have a little more balance? Does anyone recall if we are on any other players from wiscy?

Nevermind the storm, the tornado sirens, the fact the scrimmage he came to see wasn't even held.

A.J. Natter wasn't worried about any of that. "I heard the tornado sirens go off (Saturday night). I was watching the lightning. But you know what? We're used to that up in Wisconsin."

And the truth of it is the top-rated football recruit from the state of Wisconsin knew he wanted to be a Husker even before Saturday. He had his mind made up when he got back to his hotel room in Lincoln on Friday night.

"I just felt like I couldn't play anywhere else. I wanted to play here," the defensive end said Monday. "I wanted to be part of something great."

And so on Saturday, he gave Husker coaches a big dose of sunshine on a gray day, becoming the fourth player to commit to the 2013 recruiting class.

It's no small recruiting win for Nebraska, considering Natter lives about 35 minutes from another Big Red -- the homestate Badgers.

"I know there will be some talk about that," Natter said. "It's tough. It's always tough. ... There's great coaches everywhere. But you have to do what's best for you. I think this will be the best decision for myself."

Wisconsin was among many schools who offered the 6-foot-5, 240-pound Natter a scholarship. He was heavily recruited by Big Ten schools -- Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota and Purdue had also offered scholarships.

But those were hardly the only schools after Natter. Boston College from the East Coast. Pac-12 power Oregon.

Scout.com ranks Natter as the best player in the state of Wisconsin, giving him four stars and slotting him as the 13th-best defensive end nationally.

Rivals.com gives Natter three stars and rates him 27th at his position.

As a junior, he had 76 tackles and eight sacks. Husker coaches have long been after him. Natter said he formed an especially close relationship with defensive coordinator John Papuchis.

"He was the first coach I told," Natter said. "He couldn't have been happier."

Natter is the second of the four 2013 recruits from another Big Ten state -- safety Marcus McWilson of Youngstown, Ohio, is the other.

Would Nebraska have been on his radar had it not joined the Big Ten last year?

"I couldn't tell you ... but they were the first major D-I school to contact me, and the first one to extend an offer to play a game," he said.

Natter was interested in Nebraska even last fall, visiting Lincoln for the Washington and Iowa games. He came back again for Junior Day in February, then again this weekend to experience the Red-White Spring Game.

"Football is everything there on gameday," Natter said. "It was just crazy. Never been to a school like it on gameday. Not many games I went to this year I was on my feet the whole time like I was at Nebraska. That doesn't happen much.

"They really show what football means down there and what the Huskers mean in general."

"I couldn't tell you ... but they were the first major D-I school to contact me, and the first one to extend an offer to play a game," he said.

Kudos to the coaches to getting after him early. A.J. seems like the kind of person who would respond well to our coaches' recruiting style.

ESPN rates him at a 78 :star :star :star

And Banderas is a 79 :star :star :star :star so it would appear that AJ is just on the edge of a fourth star (if you're into that sort of thing).

Welcome aboard.

Yeah not sure where the exact cutoff point is. There are some 79 :star :star :star there too.

ESPN rates him at a 78 :star :star :star

And Banderas is a 79 :star :star :star :star so it would appear that AJ is just on the edge of a fourth star (if you're into that sort of thing).

Welcome aboard.

Yeah not sure where the exact cutoff point is. There are some 79 :star :star :star there too.

no matter.. he looks likes a beast and is on the team thats what counts right!