S Su'a Cravens [USC Commit]

Player: Su'a Cravens

Hometown: Murrieta, CA

School: Vista Murrieta

Position: S

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 205

40 time:

Offers: Oklahoma, USC, Arizona, Arkansas, Boise State, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Purdue, Pittsburgh, UCLA, Utah State, Washington

2ylryw2.jpg

Rivals: :star :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

WOW. This kids offer list will be a mile long. Is it possible to have all seven coaches at the same in-home visit?!?

Isn't he projected to be a safety? He is going to take an OV later this year to Michigan and Notre Dame so far

If it'll satisfy you Ern, then I'll change it. <_< Just kidding. This is just like the Taco Charlton situation. 24/7 was the first site I came across today that listed him with a Nebraska offer. Guess what they list him as? LB. Hence the reason why I listed him an LB. I don't pay attention to the position details from other sites once I've already started creating the profile from the first site that listed him. But thanks again for your attention to detail. ;)

Nice thing is he goes to the same school as Corey Whitaker, so I hope that has some pull on giving us a look. He has some great closing speed and a great motor. I hope he gives us a LONGGGG look!!!

Given his location I'm not sure but it definitely helps that we got Whitaker. It's imperative that we have a strong performance against UCLA this fall and have a strong season.

Same high school as corey whitaker

Both Su'a and Corey have been close friends since his sophomore year. Corey has been telling Su'a to come to Nebraska as well.

Hope we get a visit from Su'a. Not often you see one of the Samoan kids at safety.

Edit: Troy Polamalu :facepalm:

Ya there is obviously Troy, but not much else. I'd say you were right.

Hope Whitaker has some real pull with him.

Good possibility of him making an UV next month

Seen that posted some where. Hope we can get him here.

Good possibility of him making an UV next month

It's encouraging if he does, but I'll reserve judgement until further notice. Isn't he taking UVs to other places as well? If so where?

I'd be shocked if he didn't go the SC route, but hey, strange things happen in this thing we call recruiting.

Well at least we seem to have more D-backs going to the League than SC has had the last couple years. Since Pete(a D guy) left and they brought in Kiffin(an O guy) the defense has seemed to struggle at SC and you don't hear about those great D-backs they had under Pete. SC moving towards a more Offensive oriented team where as we put more focus on the Defensive side of the ball hopefully gives us a little bit better chance.

I'd be shocked if he didn't go the SC route, but hey, strange things happen in this thing we call recruiting.

Well at least we seem to have more D-backs going to the League than SC has had the last couple years. Since Pete(a D guy) left and they brought in Kiffin(an O guy) the defense has seemed to struggle at SC and you don't hear about those great D-backs they had under Pete. SC moving towards a more Offensive oriented team where as we put more focus on the Defensive side of the ball.

Man I am with you all the way. It's just the local hype machine that is USC makes me skeptical.

Well at least we seem to have more D-backs going to the League than SC has had the last couple years. Since Pete(a D guy) left and they brought in Kiffin(an O guy) the defense has seemed to struggle at SC and you don't hear about those great D-backs they had under Pete. SC moving towards a more Offensive oriented team where as we put more focus on the Defensive side of the ball.

Man I am with you all the way. It's just the local hype machine that is USC makes me skeptical.

Devian Shelton says hello.

Agreed. That's why unless he tells SC 'no', I'm tempering my expectations. Our case is pretty good but USC is still USC.

Agreed. That's why unless he tells SC 'no', I'm tempering my expectations. Our case is pretty good but USC is still USC.

I don't completely agree. SC doesn't hold the prestige it did when Petey was there. After he left and they got in trouble they got knocked down a little. Now that perception is more nationwide.

I will agree that USC is still USC to most Cali kids especially. They don't hear all the things about them in Cali that others around the nation talk about.

I completely disagree with the statement about USCs image nationally. Just look at their recruiting class this year.

Did you do any homework?

http://espn.go.com/colleges/usc/football/recruiting/story/_/id/7526155/the-2012-usc-trojans-recruiting-class

USC signed 17

14 from Cali

1 kid from Daytona Beach, FL who is originally from LA

1 kid from Washington

1 kid from Tampa, FL

So what exactly are you trying to say???

Those were highlights from his freshman year? Dec 2010

Updated first post with junior highlights. Youtube just posted them this past week.

Why recruit nationally, when ever top Cali player wants to go to USC? All they have to do is offer any top player in that state and they are instantly in their top group or they commit right away.

Apparently his SC offer is for an H-Back/FB role. Interesting to say the least because he wants to play defense.

Wow. Not too often you hear kids wanting to play defense over offense. Especially when a place like USC wants you on offense.

Maybe Bo can send him some tape of the '10 secondary.

Hopefully Marvin Sanders to USC doesnt screw us with this kid

If we remember anything, Sanders could never recruit well in Nebraska. Excluding Cooper and possibly Klachko

Hopefully Marvin Sanders to USC doesnt screw us with this kid

If we remember anything, Sanders could never recruit well in Nebraska. Excluding Cooper and possibly Klachko

This is true. If there's any place that recruiting skill don't need to be the strongest, although their staff have plenty that can, its USC. If Cravens is going to go to SC, I don't think it matters if Sanders is the coach or not, imo.

This guy is very impressive, ive heard teams want to move him up into a hybrid linebacker type role. In my opinion im not sure there is a better "get" than cravens for any team out there

This guy is very impressive, ive heard teams want to move him up into a hybrid linebacker type role. In my opinion im not sure there is a better "get" than cravens for any team out there

Not only for his god given talent. He is very humble and seems to have a blue collar attitude.

I'll be shocked if we get even a visit.

yep, closest we'll get to a visit is a flyover.

Actually, he is going to visit this spring. His coach is coming here for a coaches conference (I think that is what it is at least), and Cravens said that he is going to join his coach here to check us out. Plus his best friend is Corey Whittaker, who just signed in this last class. He has some interest in us.

At about 3 min into his highlight watch how long it takes him to recognize the screen and get to the ball from the opposite side of the formation. Amazing! Su'a reminds me a lot of Lavonte in athleticism, closing speed, build, and playmaking ability. This kid would be a starter day one on campus. Man I hope we get him!

Man, the sun is shining...it's a beautiful day. Get outside and enjoy yourself, please.

Planning unofficial visit in spring.

Please actually read the thread before you decide to post your negativety.

Actually, he is going to visit this spring. His coach is coming here for a coaches conference (I think that is what it is at least), and Cravens said that he is going to join his coach here to check us out. Plus his best friend is Corey Whittaker, who just signed in this last class. He has some interest in us.

:yeah

Additionally, Bingham (Utah) High School Coach Dave Peck, a three-time state champion, and Vista Murrietta (Calif.) High School offensive coordinator Eric Peterson will also be featured speakers at the event.

LINK

FYI, Peck is Jared Afalava's coach. Peterson is Corey Whitaker and Su'a Cravens' coach.