How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

I am just worried about if we can improve as a winning program next year with TM taking snaps. I have a lot of patience, however I would absolutely love to see our beloved Huskers win at least one more game next year if not more than this year. I understand many other factors contribute to a teams success, I just hope the starting QB can be even more of a leader and help us win more games.

Taylor was much improved as a leader and a game manager. He was not the reason the team failed to live to some peoples expectations. The game we lost which should not have been lost, he played excellent, defense could not stop the Wildcats, Burkehead got tired.

How many we win is in another thread just like this, my guess is that this will get closed.

Good lord some of you people are delusional. I gave up on giving you the facts. Clearly you don't watch the games and see there is some real problems with the flow of this offense. Footwork, pocket presence, timing, and throwing motion apparently don't mean sh#t to most of you. Then the guy is supposed to be able to run for days until uh oh? Every defense we play has figured out that that's all he can do and now what happens from here on out? Do you Taylor supporters ever watch any other football teams? There are other programs around the country that have 2nd and 3rd string QB's that blow the doors off of Taylor.....do you not watch any other football than Nebraska? Have you watched option football for so long that you forgot what passing game is supposed to look like?

If you support Taylor just because he is the current QB, I get that, but don't pretend for a second that Brion Carnes doesn't blow his doors off in every single category except the fact that Brion has no experience in real games. These coaches obviously don't want to give Brion a real shot at taking this f'ing' job....you know why? Cuz' Bo has such a hard on for Taylor it's not even funny. He defends the kid every time someone even mentions his name. If Brion was given a chance, you would see what a dual threat QB is really supposed to look like and you will all forget TM even existed.

I just ask one question of you Martinez supporters since you are clearly lost in a world where fundamental quarterback skills don't matter........when someone finally replaces Martinez and shows you what this offense is truly capable of will you have the balls to admit you were blind to see that the team is lacking a true leader, a vocal leader and a QB that can execute the offense?

• Fire 2

this thread is irrelavant, TM is but one guy on the team.

Hahahaha.....yep, the QB is only one guy. I mean whats the difference between a QB and a long snapper? I mean, they are only one guy? :sarcasm

Oh that's right , the QB handles the ball on every offensive play of the game. It's only his job to execute the offense, recognize defenses, audible when needed, be a leader by example, and vocally lead this team when he feels things are slipping. Yep, that's all. Hell, why doesn't New England replace Tom Brady, they would still win championships, he's only one guy. New Orleans never won sh#t til' they got one guy.....Drew Brees. I hope you were joking with that comment.

Good lord some of you people are delusional. I gave up on giving you the facts. Clearly you don't watch the games and see there is some real problems with the flow of this offense. Footwork, pocket presence, timing, and throwing motion apparently don't mean sh#t to most of you. Then the guy is supposed to be able to run for days until uh oh? Every defense we play has figured out that that's all he can do and now what happens from here on out? Do you Taylor supporters ever watch any other football teams? There are other programs around the country that have 2nd and 3rd string QB's that blow the doors off of Taylor.....do you not watch any other football than Nebraska? Have you watched option football for so long that you forgot what passing game is supposed to look like?

If you support Taylor just because he is the current QB, I get that, but don't pretend for a second that Brion Carnes doesn't blow his doors off in every single category except the fact that Brion has no experience in real games. These coaches obviously don't want to give Brion a real shot at taking this f'ing' job....you know why? Cuz' Bo has such a hard on for Taylor it's not even funny. He defends the kid every time someone even mentions his name. If Brion was given a chance, you would see what a dual threat QB is really supposed to look like and you will all forget TM even existed.

I just ask one question of you Martinez supporters since you are clearly lost in a world where fundamental quarterback skills don't matter........when someone finally replaces Martinez and shows you what this offense is truly capable of will you have the balls to admit you were blind to see that the team is lacking a true leader, a vocal leader and a QB that can execute the offense?

If the next quarterback has all those skills that you are alluding that TM does not have (I'm not saying he has them). It is not going to matter much if the line does not block, and the receivers do not catch the ball. Every single player on our team, has much to improve on. (Even Rex). Basically, what I am trying to say is our whole offense needs to get better for the team to reach our (the fans) goals.

• Fire 1

I think if the cards fall right, Taylor can help us win every game that we play. If you disagree, too bad. Chances are, we have 2 more years of T-Magic at QB.

Well I disagree, too bad for me. I pray that Taylor is not the QB of this team for the next 2 years. This teams lack of focus and don't give a sh#t attitude is reflected in Taylor every time I see the kid. He doesn't look like he ever rallies the team. In press conferences he seems like he has no urgency, no passion, and clearly could give a sh#t less how the team did. He's just kind of there.

I said the other day that Bo needs to do what is best for this team. That includes giving them the best chance to win games. Taylor does not give us the best chance to win games. We have better QB's on this team, and better ones about to join the program. The way he seems to blindly deny Taylors faults makes me sick.

My number one hope for this team is that Taylor Martinez is moved to another position where is abilities can be used more effectively. Wasn't he supposed to be a safety? I think he would do great out there at safety. 2nd or 3rd string safety seems like a damn fine spot for him.

If the defense plays better, as well as the offensive line and receivers, we can win every single game with TM under center.

Yep.

But if again our defense gets run over, our Oline gets stuffed & our wrs drop passes all year long one can bet the ranch that the internet genius crowd will lay it all on Tmart. Some things just never change.

You think Taylor would be good as a safety? Have you even watched the guy running into contact? And you think his skills would be utilized better as a 2nd or 3rd string safety? That sounds like not utilizing his skills at all to me...

Taylor will be fine. He needs to improve, as does every other player on the team.

If the next quarterback has all those skills that you are alluding that TM does not have (I'm not saying he has them). It is not going to matter much if the line does not block, and the receivers do not catch the ball. Every single player on our team, has much to improve on. (Even Rex). Basically, what I am trying to say is our whole offense needs to get better for the team to reach our (the fans) goals.

It's a lot easier for an offensive line to pass block when they have a QB that will step up in the pocket instead of freaking out and taking off any time someone gets within 2 feet of him. Step UP! This is what I mean when I talk about pocket presence and footwork. Most all of you here on Huskerboard have no clue what your looking for in Quarterback fundamentals. All you look at is stats and whatever crap the coaching staff feeds you. Brion may not have had a great grasp of the playbook, but even in the spring game his fundamentals blew Taylor out of the water, and not only that, his numbers blew TM up! Yet the coaches have nothing but excuse for Taylor. Why? What did they promise this kid? What does his dad have on this program? Is there something behind the scenes that we don't know about because Bo seems awful loyal to Taylor and I can't find any apparent reason why? You can say Burkhead has to get better but I call BS. When defenses know he's going to carry the ball 35 times a game, it kind of makes it easy to load the box on them. You can say our offensive line isn't blocking well but the same principle applies. There isn't an offensive line in the country that can block a 8 man rush every single damn down! Have you not seen the way defenses have loaded the box on us? What's your excuse? It's everyones fault but Taylors? If we had a threat at QB they wouldn't do that. If Taylor could even extend a play it would be great. But nope, Taylor either throws or runs, that's it. He doesn't roll out, he doesn't move the pocket he doesn't extend plays. You can blame the wideouts, but when you have a QB that tends to take off the way Taylor does it makes things very hard for a WR. He doesn't know when his pass catching duties or blocking duties begin and end. 1 second your running your route, the next second Taylor is taking off and your trying to block someone. Please, any of you who think you know football, debate anything I say with some actual football facts. You can't do it.

You think Taylor would be good as a safety? Have you even watched the guy running into contact? And you think his skills would be utilized better as a 2nd or 3rd string safety? That sounds like not utilizing his skills at all to me...

Taylor will be fine. He needs to improve, as does every other player on the team.

Aha. You got my point exactly. His skills are very hard to utilize on a football team. Thanks.

It's a lot easier for an offensive line to pass block when they have a QB that will step up in the pocket instead of freaking out and taking off any time someone gets within 2 feet of him. Step UP! This is what I mean when I talk about pocket presence and footwork. Most all of you here on Huskerboard have no clue what your looking for in Quarterback fundamentals. All you look at is stats and whatever crap the coaching staff feeds you. Brion may not have had a great grasp of the playbook, but even in the spring game his fundamentals blew Taylor out of the water, and not only that, his numbers blew TM up! Yet the coaches have nothing but excuse for Taylor. Why? What did they promise this kid? What does his dad have on this program? Is there something behind the scenes that we don't know about because Bo seems awful loyal to Taylor and I can't find any apparent reason why? You can say Burkhead has to get better but I call BS. When defenses know he's going to carry the ball 35 times a game, it kind of makes it easy to load the box on them. You can say our offensive line isn't blocking well but the same principle applies. There isn't an offensive line in the country that can block a 8 man rush every single damn down! Have you not seen the way defenses have loaded the box on us? What's your excuse? It's everyones fault but Taylors? If we had a threat at QB they wouldn't do that. If Taylor could even extend a play it would be great. But nope, Taylor either throws or runs, that's it. He doesn't roll out, he doesn't move the pocket he doesn't extend plays. You can blame the wideouts, but when you have a QB that tends to take off the way Taylor does it makes things very hard for a WR. He doesn't know when his pass catching duties or blocking duties begin and end. 1 second your running your route, the next second Taylor is taking off and your trying to block someone. Please, any of you who think you know football, debate anything I say with some actual football facts. You can't do it.

Were you raped by Taylor? Possibly a friend of his? I sense a lot of hostility.