SIGNED OL Corey Whitaker

SECHusker

Excellent! Welcome to Husker Nation, Mr. Whitaker!

Nebraska continues to add commitments after a strong visit weekend. The Huskers picked up a commitment from Corey Whitaker, a two-star lineman from California.

“There’s a lot of great opportunities for offensive lineman at Nebraska,” he said. “I just felt like when I got there the coaches were great to me. I went in there not knowing if I’d get a scholarship, but they quickly offered. They told me I could be a guy that could help make Nebraska a better team. I just loved the school, facilities and everyone there was pretty great.”

Continue Reading

How many O-lineman are we planning to take?

Probably one more, and I assume that's Peat.

That's good news, I was afraid Whitaker's offer had something to do with Peat. Goodman is a long shot anyway, but you'd have to assume the staff would find a spot for him if he wanted in.

This young man is a great find for our coaching staff. I watched his film and haven't seen this many pancakes since the last all city pancake feed. I love how he leads the running backs 50 yards down the field and on some plays took out more than one player. About the 4 minute mark he pushed the DE way outside the play allowing the running back a huge hole, then lead him down the field and destroyed a LB. A great motor! Welcome to the Land of the Pipeline Corey!

• Fire 1