SIGNED OL Corey Whitaker

SECHusker

This kid simply destroyed the players he went against in HS. It was almost funny on film how he just overwhelmed the opposition. Plus, as others have pointed out, he has a motor --- he drills one guy keeps going and looks to drill another. The amazing thing is the guy, while big, looks fast! No doubt, on film he is a beast. His competition may have been weak --- I don't know... but I do know this... he owned them.

Looks like a nice pickup to be sure.

Welcome Corey!

Don't suppose anyone has any more video where he goes up against lineman? It's nice that they run a lot of zone read in his tape (hey, someone actually knows our offense coming in!) but I didn't see enough play against lineman to convince me one way or the other. A ton of those pancakes are against DBs and I would like to see a little more before I join in the unbridled enthusiasm. Seems like a great candidate for the center spot in getting to the second level!

This kid simply destroyed the players he went against in HS. It was almost funny on film how he just overwhelmed the opposition. Plus, as others have pointed out, he has a motor --- he drills one guy keeps going and looks to drill another. The amazing thing is the guy, while big, looks fast! No doubt, on film he is a beast. His competition may have been weak --- I don't know... but I do know this... he owned them.

Looks like a nice pickup to be sure.

Welcome Corey!

ok since some people here think I'm just in here to cause trouble (my 2 star thread that got locked) I'll keep on topic and not bash the callahan star lovers.

Vista plays in a league that is, if not the highest, one of the highest levels of competition in the nation- I've watched this team and OL line this year- he's the real deal- how Washington, UCLA, Oregon or any other PAC12 team didn't offer is the question,- they are normally all over Inland Empire. football (its not like Vista is some small unknown school)-I don't know, but always wonder about grades being an issue when you see the likes of San Jose St, Idaho etc offering and no PAC12 team offers.

Vista M. is a team that although they didn't play an OC team this year, beat some pretty good LA teams and Corona Centennnial in the play-offs- had it not been for the forfeits Vista IMO would have won the state championship and would have been in the top 5 HS nationwide. In short we need to have ties to this region and getting guys like Whitaker, Martin, Enunwa, and Martinez that come from the top I.E. schools can only help us develop a pipeline to the region.

As far as Scout's two star rating? The people who gave this kid 2 stars are flat out blind/or football stupid- lets see, just his measurables warrant a minimum of 3- 6-5, 270 and a 4.9 40?? plus he played for the best team in CA-watch the videos on him, specifically when they played Centennial, the kid overwhelmed them- just goes to show you the star junkies aren't always right, and thats a good thing for us, because if this kid would have been rated higher he'd be at Oregon or USC

OK Husker fans....tell me the last Husker All American Offensive Lineman? Equate that to the last time the Huskers were in the title hunt.....just saying....whether it is three star or four star or five star recruits, or coaching, we need to improve our OL play if we want to play consistently better ball. That is too much of a coincidence to discount.

I thought our success only hinged on the play of the QB... :sarcasm

OK Husker fans....tell me the last Husker All American Offensive Lineman? Equate that to the last time the Huskers were in the title hunt.....just saying....whether it is three star or four star or five star recruits, or coaching, we need to improve our OL play if we want to play consistently better ball. That is too much of a coincidence to discount.

I thought our success only hinged on the play of the QB... :sarcasm

No. Its only because of walk ons. :sarcasm

Film seems to be pretty impressive. Thing is, why doesn't he have any other big time offers? Either he is one of the best kept secrets of the 2012 class and we're getting a steal, or there is a reason that he wasn't offered by any of the major schools in his own state. I guess we'll find out.

Word is that Florida was pushing him to visit and Oregon was on the cusp of offering.

I was finally enticed to watch this kid's film. He puts his hand in the ground and puts linebackers on their backs. The most impressive thing that I saw from him was his ability to move to the second level and maintain a great leverage position on the backers. There isn't a single play that I watched where he doesn't put a DE or linebacker on their backs. Once his hands are on you they dont come off.

I have no idea why he didn't get any offers from any Pac Tweleve schools. There isn't a team in the Pac Ten that should have passed on this kid. Maybe that is why ASU, Arizona, UCLA, Washington State, Cal, and Oregon State never impress anyone. They pass on a kid like this in their own back yard. This is a gem of a kid this late.

Everyone remembers Andrew Rodriguez's film from a few years ago and his film doesn't look near as impressive as this kid's.