Chip Kelly interviewing with Tampa Bay Bucs

Mavric

From ESPN:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have identified Oregon head coach Chip Kelly as the main target of their search for a new head coach and the two sides are involved in active contract discussions, multiple sources close to Kelly told ESPN.

Kelly interviewed with the Buccaneers last week and the two sides are aiming to work out a deal within the next 48 hours, according to one source.

Pretty fast rise for Kelly. Considering how no one thinks you can run a spread offense in the NFL, this is an interesting choice.

From ESPN:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have identified Oregon head coach Chip Kelly as the main target of their search for a new head coach and the two sides are involved in active contract discussions, multiple sources close to Kelly told ESPN.

Kelly interviewed with the Buccaneers last week and the two sides are aiming to work out a deal within the next 48 hours, according to one source.

Pretty fast rise for Kelly. Considering how no one thinks you can run a spread offense in the NFL, this is an interesting choice.

Considering the Patriots really run a spread and are now in the Super Bowl...

But apparently he decides to stay.

From ESPN:

Kelly, who secretly interviewed with the Buccaneers last week, had been intrigued by the challenge of coaching at the highest level and not having to deal with parents and the NCAA oversights that are inherent to coaching in college, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

(emphasis added)

I don't really disagree, only repeating what is usually said about many college QBs. I find it amusing when "experts" say that a college QB will have to learn to be under center more to play in the NFL. Have they watched the Pats or Colts over the last 7-8 years?

I don't really disagree, only repeating what is usually said about many college QBs. I find it amusing when "experts" say that a college QB will have to learn to be under center more to play in the NFL. Have they watched the Pats or Colts over the last 7-8 years?

Well i don't know how much longer the Colts will be running the spread, now that it seems that Manning could be gone.

Well i don't know how much longer the Colts will be running the spread, now that it seems that Manning could be gone.

If anyone can pick up (close to) where Manning left off, it would be Luck.