QB Malik Zaire [Notre Dame Commit]

Nexus

Hey Nexus. This is now our 5th offer to a 2013 QB... Does this number change if Devin Fuller commits? And if we still put out 5 offers and possibly more, what does that say about existing depth chart and our confidence in Fuller or TA at being the guyfor us going forward.

Another thing what do you see happening if multiples in 2013 want to commit to us? I'd like to hear your thoughts thanks!

I get that but with taking hopefully 2 this year, the 2013 recruits come in to TM-sr. BC-jr. TA RFrand DF-Rfr. Or true soph. If 2 of the 2013 offers commit that really jams things up. Especially considering that these guys are all upper talent guys. I'm just wondering if the coaches think we could lose someone by transfer or are gonna miss on Fuller and aren't sold completely on TA. I just really hope we find that gamechanger that doesn't Lose games for us but also has that it that gets us 1-3 wins more a year. Makes plays at the end of games to snatch victory out of hands of defeat.

Hey Nexus. This is now our 5th offer to a 2013 QB... Does this number change if Devin Fuller commits? And if we still put out 5 offers and possibly more, what does that say about existing depth chart and our confidence in Fuller or TA at being the guyfor us going forward.

Another thing what do you see happening if multiples in 2013 want to commit to us? I'd like to hear your thoughts thanks!

I think the standard thinking in recruiting QBs is you want to take at least one QB every recruiting cycle. This helps with potential attrition, injuries and lack of development at the position.

Regardless if Fuller commits, I'm thinking they'll at least take one QB in 2013. If a staff is confident in their current QB depth chart during the season then they can always cut off communication with a future QB recruit and not take one for that cycle.

The common perception of recruiting dual-threat QBs is if it doesn't work out at QB, their athleticism should help them at another position.

QB depth is EXTREMELY thin right now, and who knows how many of those new guys get moved to another position, transfer, or land in the doghouse (serious ;)) anyway, the point is to never take QB depth for granted. Recruiting is all about numbers, but QB especially. Never be shorthanded. Get more than you need, keep the cupboard stocked when the inevitable happens, as it often does.

Take at least one every year, IMO.

We took two in the '11 recruiting cycle and have one so far in the '12 cycle. None of the 2 we took in '11, when we really needed 2, made it as QBs. There is some concern that there will be a new transfer on top of that. We needed 1 in '12 anyway even before what happened with the '11 class. I would say the need for two in '12 and at least one in '13 is a definite.

(edit: well, looks like Nexus already answered :P)

Very impressed by this kid. He reminds me of Wilson of Wisc. He has good feet, great pocket presence, and he always keeps his eyes down field. It was pretty obvious as well that he is a better runner than Wilson. In my opinion, this kid is one of the best pure dual-threat QBs i have seen coming out of high school.

Wow, yes please. Great arm and looks to throw first. Looks like Vick on some of those throws with an almost effortless motion with zip. Follows his blocks extremely well with great vision when he runs. Runs alot of our offense, and would probably be really comfortable in Becks system. Love this kid. He is a must have...especially if we miss on fuller.