QB Malik Zaire [Notre Dame Commit]

Nexus

Plans to visit in March. I also thought this quote was interesting:

“Something that Coach Beck has talked about is how they run the ball but he also wants to do a lot more passing,” he said. “Not that Taylor Martinez isn’t a good quarterback for Nebraska, but Beck wants to open up the passing game a little bit more. I think that’s what he wants to incorporate with me. He wants that aspect and get into a lot more passing.”

Continue Reading

This is the message I have been getting as well by looking at the type of QB recruits we've been offering and receiving as of late. Passing the ball in an offense is one of Beck's strengths...I see us going in this direction.

“Something that Coach Beck has talked about is how they run the ball but he also wants to do a lot more passing,” he said. “Not that Taylor Martinez isn’t a good quarterback for Nebraska, but Beck wants to open up the passing game a little bit more. I think that’s what he wants to incorporate with me. He wants that aspect and get into a lot more passing.”

Continue Reading

This is the message I have been getting as well by looking at the type of QB recruits we've been offering and receiving as of late. Passing the ball in an offense is one of Beck's strengths...I see us going in this direction.

That's two QB's this recruiting cycle who have mentioned some sort of shot at Taylor's throwing motion, and this one could even be perceived to come from a coach... At least we're catching on?

Continue Reading

That's two QB's this recruiting cycle who have mentioned some sort of shot at Taylor's throwing motion, and this one could even be perceived to come from a coach... At least we're catching on?

There are a lot worse things said on the trail than that.

Continue Reading

There are a lot worse things said on the trail than that.

Worse things said about the abilities of current players on the roster? Maybe I interpretted wrong... Coaches don't bash the abilities of players as a way to tell recruits they are better and can come in and play, do they?

Continue Reading

If Beck can find a more reliable throwing QB this offense will resemble the '07 Kansas offense a whole lot.

Good news...he plans to make decision March/April.

Bad news is he has added Notre Dame and Wisconsin so top 3 is now top 5.

Let's make a run at this kid. Looks like he could be very good. I have a feeling it could be us vs. OSU.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post?id=1824&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblog%2fncfrecruiting%2fmidwest%2fpost%3fid%3d1824

Continue Reading

If Beck can find a more reliable throwing QB this offense will resemble the '07 Kansas offense a whole lot.

bingo. and i think that's awesome. might be slightly more power based than they were, but i would love to see this offense get to that point. all we're really missing is a quarterback like reesing (who was damn good). martinez may get there yet. he's certainly progressed as a passer.

Malik sounds excited about many of his offers but we really can land this kid.

Zaire High On Huskers

"I don’t have a favorite right now, but I can’t even put into words how much I like Nebraska. My relationship with their coaching staff is second to none right now.”

Awesome to hear! I know that he is very close with the Pitt coaching staff as well. And I know that he is very close to making his decision, he hopes to have it all done by the end of March I believe. This would be a very nice pick up.

Malik sounds excited about many of his offers but we really can land this kid.

Zaire High On Huskers

"I don’t have a favorite right now, but I can’t even put into words how much I like Nebraska. My relationship with their coaching staff is second to none right now.”

Awesome to hear! I know that he is very close with the Pitt coaching staff as well. And I know that he is very close to making his decision, he hopes to have it all done by the end of March I believe. This would be a very nice pick up.

Although I am more worried about Pitt than anyone else, at this point, but I feel our chances are good. Rich Rod offered a few days ago as well. However, getting Malik would be huge for our class and its momentum, but just can't leave anything to chance.

I think he is going to end here, No indications or anything I just have that gut feeling

Honestly, my gut tells me the opposite. But thats proably a good thing considering last season my gut told me that Lambert, Fuller, and Peat were all going to be :bigredn: and my told me that we would lose Westerkamp. So maybe this is a good thing.