FB Andy Janovich [Nebraska Commit]

Alumni

Walk-on gray shirt, I think...

meaning, he'll be walking on for the first year, and get a scolarship for his final 3 years.

Greyshirts just have to wait a semester to go on schollie. This kid is a walk-on, won't be eligible for a schollie for a couple years. But they told him if things go as planned and he's our fullback he'll get a schollie. Like when Mangieri walked-on with the promise that he'd be on schollie in a couple years if he got the nod at long-snapper.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Walk-on gray shirt, I think...

meaning, he'll be walking on for the first year, and get a scolarship for his final 3 years.

Greyshirts just have to wait a semester to go on schollie. This kid is a walk-on, won't be eligible for a schollie for a couple years. But they told him if things go as planned and he's our fullback he'll get a schollie. Like when Mangieri walked-on with the promise that he'd be on schollie in a couple years if he got the nod at long-snapper.

good post. just wanted to nitpick that he's "eligible" for a scholarship whenever we decide to give him one. if he comes in and blows people up, he could get a scholarship his first year, if one is available. obviously though, i wouldn't expect that to happen and two years seems like a best case scenario for him. this kid is exactly the type of walk-on that has made our program so strong. great job by the coaches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...