FB Andy Janovich [Nebraska Commit]

Alumni

I never saw Charlie Sheretz wrestle but Janovich is the best upper weight I've ever seen in this state. Just awesome

http://twitter.com/#...383598886985728

If he is a walk-on, man do we have a lot of walk-ons. Would that make about 16 now? More walk-ons than scholarship players.

Yeah. Cotton said to expect at least 20. We might go as high as 25.

There might be a guy two show up on signing day from left feild.

This is just a guess, but coming on the heels of the Shoff news, I'm wondering if they gave him the deal they'd been offering Shoff. Pure speculation, but it fits.

Shoff had given the coachs a verbal that he'd walk on and then changed. is mind.

Ahhhh Should have known that's who you have been talking about the last week or so, this is basicly the reason we went after Whitaker? And another possible transfer?

Listening to Shawn Callahan this morning it sounds like the plan is for Janovitch to be a fullback and take over after Marrow. He will be on scholarship soon. Shawn also said the coaches only planned to take 15 walk ons this year but so many of the kids accepted that were offered that the plan is now to take 18.

Walk-on gray shirt, I think...

meaning, he'll be walking on for the first year, and get a scolarship for his final 3 years.

Greyshirts just have to wait a semester to go on schollie. This kid is a walk-on, won't be eligible for a schollie for a couple years. But they told him if things go as planned and he's our fullback he'll get a schollie. Like when Mangieri walked-on with the promise that he'd be on schollie in a couple years if he got the nod at long-snapper.