DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

He probably did not have much direction until now besides "I want to play football". I would guess that he knows where he wants to go now. Until he figured that out he had no idea what it would take to get there. You would like those conversations to happen earlier but sometimes they don't. Hope it all works out for him.

He probably did not have much direction until now besides "I want to play football". I would guess that he knows where he wants to go now. Until he figured that out he had no idea what it would take to get there. You would like those conversations to happen earlier but sometimes they don't. Hope it all works out for him.

That very well might be the case. But, one heck of a lot of players get through JUCO in a way that they can go to many different schools.

I know I am making a huge amount of assumptions here but it does sound like he really hasn't had much adult direction. It's sad. It makes me wonder what could have been if he had been involved with a really good mentor or school counselor.

So, all this makes me ask, if he goes back to JUCO for one year, is he then a one year to play one guy when he comes out? He might not get many offers if that's the case.

He could still sign and if he gets done what he needs done by May he could still come in the fall couldn't he??

Yes. I think he would be a 1 and done type guy though. He just needs to raise his draft stock by playing at D-1 school.

I don't see how it would be any different than a HS senior graduation in May. Think he'd still be 2/2.

He could still sign and if he gets done what he needs done by May he could still come in the fall couldn't he??

Yes. I think he would be a 1 and done type guy though. He just needs to raise his draft stock by playing at D-1 school.

You mean a guy that could come make an immediate impact at DT and is NFL draft good? I'll take one year! SIGN ME UP.