Very Encouraging Class

We ended up with the #24 class. #19 by average stars.

Could it have been better? Sure. But to focus more on the guys we didn't sign than the guys we signed..... that's just sad.

oddly, #24 seems to be an average of how we finish in the post season ranking over the last 5-6 years. Coincedence?

IMO, we whiffed this year. We got some DECENT talent with handful of recruits. Honestly, the rest leave a lot to desire. Several of the kids never had offfers from big schools.... there is a reason they didnt get offers and were 2/3 star.

Overall, I would give us a C+ with the walkons. We had an AVERAGE class, it deserves an average grade. With Peat and atleast one decent corner, I would have jumped us up to B. Yes Peat is that good and our need at CB is dire.

IMO, we whiffed this year. We got some DECENT talent with handful of recruits. Honestly, the rest leave a lot to desire. Several of the kids never had offfers from big schools.... there is a reason they didnt get offers and were 2/3 star.

Overall, I would give us a C+ with the walkons. We had an AVERAGE class, it deserves an average grade. With Peat and atleast one decent corner, I would have jumped us up to B. Yes Peat is that good and our need at CB is dire.

Seisay comes to mind as a "decent" corner...he was recruited hard by others, I see him playing right away opposite of Andrew Green.

Plus he is already on campus!

true, I wasnt looking at Juco. Err, maybe a B- then, its tough as you wont have him for 5 years like we could have with Shelton or Ford.

I also realize we arent texas, florisa, oUS, etc. I never expected us to have a A+ year. The best I think NU fans could hope for was a A-, so a B- isnt something to be upset about. It does show us our coaches are young and need more time or help on the trail before we will see those A- recruiting years.

What is "average?" If you're talking about the 66 AQ schools, we're still above average being ranked #24 overall. We're in the top third, or to put it in historic terms, roughly where most of Osborne's classes were.

Focus less on the stars. Focus more on whether or not our coaches can get these guys to play to their potential.

• imo this class hinges on people qualifying and making it to campus. the class is to small to have people not make it. on the flip side of this if charles jackson qualifies and we add him to this class it really improves the overall outlook. heres hoping he does. IMO with all of the people we have had not qualify in the past we need to offer more people and count on some not qualifying. if we have a fluke where the all do(i dont think that will happen) then we just have a year were we dont add a walk on to scholarship. yes its tough for the kid, but its better for the program. and they came here knowing that they might not ever get a scholy.

Really like this class. Peat would have been a huge get. I was totally blindsided by his choice as were a lot of people.

What I like about this class is that there are a lot of just great athletes in it.

We are only going to continue to get better with Coach K on our staff. Now that Raymond has his feet wet, we have an entire staff that are good recruiters and are only going to get better.

In my opinion, I can only count maybe 3-4 in our class that only deserve 3 stars.

• Fire 1

Really like this class. Peat would have been a huge get. I was totally blindsided by his choice as were a lot of people.

What I like about this class is that there are a lot of just great athletes in it.

We are only going to continue to get better with Coach K on our staff. Now that Raymond has his feet wet, we have an entire staff that are good recruiters and are only going to get better.

In my opinion, I can only count maybe 3-4 in our class that only deserve 3 stars.

You sunshine pumper, you.

/jk :lol: I feel exactly the same way. We just landed a bunch of great athletes. Seems like we addressed most of our needs too. I'll be fun to watch these guys develop, and get on the field for us. GBR!

Very disappointing Class if you ask me. Is there a game changer recruit coming to Lincoln next year? No. We recruited a team of role players who may start at half the teams in the Big 10 their senior season. I'm totally disgusted with this class and the lack of recruiting ability of Bo and his staff. I think it's time Tom really start making some phone calls and see if we can find someone who bring home the talent on a year in and year out basis. It's time for a change.

To add, Gerry DiNardo of BTN said that it wasn't about the guys that you don't get, but be more worried if who you get can contribute. Because if they don't contribute that will hurt more. Now if we use that logic, we should be satisified with our class. For all of our disadvantages I think we did decently. GBR

Very disappointing Class if you ask me. Is there a game changer recruit coming to Lincoln next year? No. We recruited a team of role players who may start at half the teams in the Big 10 their senior season. I'm totally disgusted with this class and the lack of recruiting ability of Bo and his staff. I think it's time Tom really start making some phone calls and see if we can find someone who bring home the talent on a year in and year out basis. It's time for a change.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

Oh crap I just pissed myself.