Very Encouraging Class

Very disappointing Class if you ask me. Is there a game changer recruit coming to Lincoln next year? No. We recruited a team of role players who may start at half the teams in the Big 10 their senior season. I'm totally disgusted with this class and the lack of recruiting ability of Bo and his staff. I think it's time Tom really start making some phone calls and see if we can find someone who bring home the talent on a year in and year out basis. It's time for a change.

Good luck with that. I'm sure someone like Nick Saban would love to leave Bama and come here.

IMO, we whiffed this year. We got some DECENT talent with handful of recruits. Honestly, the rest leave a lot to desire. Several of the kids never had offfers from big schools.... there is a reason they didnt get offers and were 2/3 star.

Overall, I would give us a C+ with the walkons. We had an AVERAGE class, it deserves an average grade. With Peat and atleast one decent corner, I would have jumped us up to B. Yes Peat is that good and our need at CB is dire.

What is "average?" If you're talking about the 66 AQ schools, we're still above average being ranked #24 overall. We're in the top third, or to put it in historic terms, roughly where most of Osborne's classes were.

Focus less on the stars. Focus more on whether or not our coaches can get these guys to play to their potential.

To clarify, average for a top 25 team. Average for a team that wants to compete for championships. Average for a school of Nebraska caliber.

As for " Focus more on whether or not our coaches can get these guys to play to their potential"; that's my primary concern. I dont have faith in our very young coaching staff to turn 3 stars into 5 star on a conistant basis like Tom did. In another 5-10 years, ya i think they can. Thats why i had hoped for better classes early on, rely on the talent until the coaches can get some more experience, then look for diamonds in the rough.

But i am not a coach, just speaking from my own opinion.

Very disappointing Class if you ask me. Is there a game changer recruit coming to Lincoln next year? No. We recruited a team of role players who may start at half the teams in the Big 10 their senior season. I'm totally disgusted with this class and the lack of recruiting ability of Bo and his staff. I think it's time Tom really start making some phone calls and see if we can find someone who bring home the talent on a year in and year out basis. It's time for a change.

armstrong

How dare you, sir! That negativity will not be tolerated! Everybody knows that we are at a geographic disadvantage!

I actually laughed out loud at the absurdity of this post. You, sir, are deserving of your avatar.

This recruiting class is totally disappointing. Once again, we will be shackled with 9-4 seasons and minor bowl games for the next umpteen years. Bo Pelini could not recruit his mother to a sit down meal at supper time. He missed big time on Peat! Stanford got him. We had to have that guy. Stanford not only got Peat (4 star), they also inked Kyle Murphy (5 star), Nick Davidson (4 star), John Caspers (3 star), Brandon Fanaika (3 star), Josh Garnett (5 star) and Graham Shuler (4 star), all OL. Oh, by the way, you can look back at last year's class and they landed some other really good O linemen. All of these dudes play on the offensive line. Contrast that with Nebraska, two offensive lineman. That was not a typo, folks! That is correct, two offensive linemen. Do you think that the Stanford coaches know something that Bo and his staff does not? It is the offensive line that starts and stops the offensive output. Scoring more points than your opponent wins games. Everyone rants about Taylor Martinez but he needs an offensive line badly, not to mention Rex Burkehead. I get tired of this Crap! On top of that, we have probably the weakest offensive line coach in the nation. We used to be able to "develop" talent. You know the routine, freshman year, redshirt year, sophomore work your butts off. Get on the field some for your Junior year, then join the Pipe LIne your Senior Year, earn All American status and then to the pros. Now, that is not even a thought. Just look at this year's line! Who the hell did we "develop"? We have some of the weakest assistant coaches in the world. Papuchis as D coordinator? Hell, he could not even do a good job with the special teams.

Did any of you watch the Bo Pelini recruiting press conference on TV? Pelini quote, "It is not important how they come into the program, it is how they leave" What a joke! What offensive or defensive lineman do you think Nebraska developed that will get drafted in the first two rounds? My prediction, none! Not even Crick!

However, let us look at the brighter side. We got Sam Cotton (3 star) TE! Whoopity, Whoopity, freaking dooo dooo! Oh, we are supposed to have a good walk on class. That will help a lot. (Not)

If you cannot block and cannot tackle, you cannot win. It is that simple. It all starts with the OL and the DL.

Not to be redundant here, but Pelini cannot recruit!

JMO!

I actually laughed out loud at the absurdity of this post. You, sir, are deserving of your avatar.

Sadly no one will be laughing four years from now.

Sadly no one will be laughing four years from now.

Only if they read your posts.

Just got home, can't believe Peat picked Stanford over NU(sarcasm). Maybe Pelini and Cotton influenced his decision a little. Keep telling yourself that a 50th ranked class is a good thing(ever). Can't wait for those B10 titles and BCS games to start rolling in. But hey, we did get another Cotton on scholarship! Do we even have enough QB's to have a spring game this year? Nasa is right! Frank would of been burned at the stake for a 50th ranked class, but nobody is blaming Pelini for any of this! Doesn't make sense to me..

Just got home, can't believe Peat picked Stanford over NU(sarcasm). Maybe Pelini and Cotton influenced his decision a little. Keep telling yourself that a 50th ranked class is a good thing(ever). Can't wait for those B10 titles and BCS games to start rolling in. But hey, we did get another Cotton on scholarship! Do we even have enough QB's to have a spring game this year? Nasa is right! Frank would of been burned at the stake for a 50th ranked class, but nobody is blaming Pelini for any of this! Doesn't make sense to me..

If you just got home you obviously don't know that this is the 24th ranked class not 50th.