United states losses football game to forgien players last night

akita

Here in the land of rugby and cricket, I was surprised to see that American Football here in Auckland is getting a pretty strong foot hold. I saw a clip of a game on the news the other night...man...some of the Maori and Islanders are not only big...but can really fly. Might have to go watch a game live.

Here in the land of rugby and cricket, I was surprised to see that American Football here in Auckland is getting a pretty strong foot hold. I saw a clip of a game on the news the other night...man...some of the Maori and Islanders are not only big...but can really fly. Might have to go watch a game live.

Back in the late 70's while serving in the Navy I had the pleasure of being on duty in Christchurch, NZ. While there we went to a Maori hangi. A "hangi" is where you dig a pit and line the pit with coals set them on fire and throw the pig in and wait till it's done. Anyway, while we were waiting for the pig to cook we were getting drunk and the Maori's wanted to play some American football. The Maori's kicked our butt and they seemed to enjoy doing it. They are quite physical.

you want to see what would have been a scary running back or fullback? look up jonah lomu, he was a maori rugger in the 90's he was like 260 ran the 100m in 10.8 seconds, just over 4.3 in a 40 metre, i'll post some of his highlights dude was just sick. Oh by the way, while on dialysis he still played rugby against doctor wishes. He's the type of player that the old husker players would have loved.

and as a bok fan i hate him, the all blacks and the wallabies.

let me explain it this way, in 95 Jerry jones offered him a 20 million deal to go play for the cowboys(he had never played football). Imagine him and emmit smith together.

he was basically out of rugby by the time he was 26. a lot of those highlights are him as a 18-20 year old in international competition against guys who are much more experienced. The kid was a phenom. He is the GOAT