S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

just got another interview set up with Alonzo Moore for the future so will ask you guys what you would like to know nearer the start of the season when Alonzo will be on the field

Just curious, how are you setting these up? Are you contacting the players or do these sort of things have to go through the athletic department?

Hopefully athletic department, because if not than talking to Marcus would be a violation.

just got another interview set up with Alonzo Moore for the future so will ask you guys what you would like to know nearer the start of the season when Alonzo will be on the field

Just curious, how are you setting these up? Are you contacting the players or do these sort of things have to go through the athletic department?

Hopefully athletic department, because if not than talking to Marcus would be a violation.

Sort of why I was asking... Maybe it's better off unasked?

no need to worry guys, I always make sure everything is fine with all parties, plus I don't think players would do an interview if they know it would get them into trouble

Also, I don't think there is an actual rule against arranging interviews not through the schools media relations,I emailed some college programmes and sports sites to find out about that when I started my course and they said very few teams have those rules. I know plenty of journalists who have got interviews doing that and Its never been an issue

no need to worry guys, I always make sure everything is fine with all parties, plus I don't think players would do an interview if they know it would get them into trouble

Also, I don't think there is an actual rule against arranging interviews not through the schools media relations,I emailed some college programmes and sports sites to find out about that when I started my course and they said very few teams have those rules. I know plenty of journalists who have got interviews doing that and Its never been an issue

If you're a journalist, not a fan repping as a journalist, you'll be fine.

I'm in my 2nd year doing Multimedia Journalism at Uni and I just got a sports Internship with Bleacher Report. One of the problems a lot of trainee journalists face is the fact that they sometimes can't announce what site or paper they are representing because their superiors dont want them namedropping to get an interview. For Instance, although I write for bleacher report, I'm not allowed to mention that to a player before he agrees to speak to me, I have to make contact and get him to hopefully agree to speak to me and only then can I mention where I want to publish the article. Writing about teams you support is the best of both worlds because then you are really interested in the subject, thats why I love to write about the 49ers and Nebraska and some other teams.

Really good questions, you always have to ask the usual 'which team do you follow' and which player do you admire' so I like the variety of questions you guys have

I'm in my 2nd year doing Multimedia Journalism at Uni and I just got a sports Internship with Bleacher Report. One of the problems a lot of trainee journalists face is the fact that they sometimes can't announce what site or paper they are representing because their superiors dont want them namedropping to get an interview. For Instance, although I write for bleacher report, I'm not allowed to mention that to a player before he agrees to speak to me, I have to make contact and get him to hopefully agree to speak to me and only then can I mention where I want to publish the article. Writing about teams you support is the best of both worlds because then you are really interested in the subject, thats why I love to write about the 49ers and Nebraska and some other teams.

Really good questions, you always have to ask the usual 'which team do you follow' and which player do you admire' so I like the variety of questions you guys have

:ahhhhhhhh

You write for blechereport? What is your name I am on that site very often.

:ahhhhhhhh

For a second there i though he said bleacher report, ohhhhhh

This helps me understand so much! :laughpound

• Fire 2

This helps me understand so much! :laughpound

HighFive.gif

• Fire 3