SIGNED WR Demorea Stringfellow

Nexus

• 2 months later...

Latest from Husker Journal:

APRIL 24, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS DEMOREA STRINGFELLOW, WR, 6-2, 185, MORENO VALLEY (RANCHO VERDE), CAL

Have offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Florida, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, UCLA, Utah and Washington State

“I went to USC Junior Day’s and UCLA Junior Day’s. USC was pretty good I had a couple of teammates that I spoke with at Junior Day’s, I was really just talking to them.” Stringfellow said

Trojan Coaches To Stop By

“Coach said he will be out to see me, he said, “They want to make sure the receiver that is going to sign with will be able to go to school there. They are only giving out one scholarship offer at wide receiver.”

“Not really,” Stringfellow said if he liked USC campus, “It was isolated over there in South Los Angeles it’s not really a good town so it wasn’t for me.”

“It’s a nice campus,” he said of his recent visit to UCLA, “I got to meet all the new coaches and it’s nice over there. They told me the new offensive (spread) they are going to run. See how I fit in with that. UCLA is recruiting me as a slot receiver.”

Connections With Nebraska

“I’m interested in them (Nebraska) I have actually a couple of teammates (Quincy Enunwa and Eric Martin) that go there. I talk to them from time to time. They tell that they (NU) have a great coaching staff, beautiful campus.

“I want to get out of California,” he said. Nebraska is not too far away. I’m hoping to get out there for one of my officials. Early fall something like that.”

Stringfellow says the Husker players bond with the coaches a lot after football. They have the players come over at times for barbeques. NU coaches said Stringfellow has a chance to play early along with his teammate Enunwa.

Udub Next Visit

“I’m going to Washington this Saturday. The coaches are pretty nice up there. I talk to them on Facebook a lot. The campus is beautiful.”

Stringfellow said he’s going to take all five visits and see what school he is compatible with. Looking to bond with the coaches and early playing time.”

“I’m looking for a school that I want to major in (Kinesiology).” Stringfellow said

cornhead.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Crap. Didn't see he already had a profile.

Anyway here's a quote from him.

"(Quincy) tells me a lot of great things about the campus," Stringfellow said. "He's a good friend of mine and we always used to chill. He says (Nebraska) is really interested in me but he wants me to pick a school where I fit in and not just go there because of him."

If the staff can somehow get him and Morrow, we'd be looking good at WR, imo.

This is also what I'd like to see.

Link to article on Stringfellow...super prospect and kid can block...I like it...get him N.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/5/10/3009434/film-scouting-evaluation-wide-receiver-demorea-stringfellow-rancho-verdes-latest-top-prospect

Interesting read on the breakdown of this player. Do we have any coach on the staff that would teach this kid in the areas of weakness? Next, would we utilize his strengths or just make him another blocking WR? Both are questions I can't honestly answer. Still hopeful we open up the passing even though we are in a power running conference.

• 2 weeks later...

USC offered

does this really matter as he stated he wanted to get out of Cali... for was he just saying that cause he was salty that USC didnt offer!!!! ??

I think he wants that USC offer.

USC is getting a lot of press as being the only team that can break the SEC streak. Its a nice narrative, but idk if they will make it out of the PAC-10 unscathed.

USC offered
does this really matter as he stated he wanted to get out of Cali... for was he just saying that cause he was salty that USC didnt offer!!!! ??
I think he wants that USC offer. USC is getting a lot of press as being the only team that can break the SEC streak. Its a nice narrative, but idk if they will make it out of the PAC-10 unscathed.

then if that is the case id say U$C has moved up to his first choice and you can throw out everything else he has previously said....