CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

I know this is just looking at one site, but, right now we are sitting at #12 on Scout. We have 19 commits. Everyone but USC above us has more commits than we do.

So, it is feasible that if we would land a few players like Wills (5*), Newby (4*), Clark (4*) that we could move up in the rankings.

I don't see that it is inconceivable that we land a to 10 team even if it doesn't quite happen this year.

I think when it's all said and done, we will have a top 10 class, and if we land 2 out of 3 of Newby, Clark, and Willis, we could be as high as 5 on one site or another.

Kudos to the staff. It's a shame that they have put in so much effort and people on the outside criticize them just because they have struck out on most of their DT targets.

Either way, job well done the last 3 years in recruiting, and I can't wait to see how the rest of this class looks when it is done.

I give kudos to the staff regardless of how if all falls. The DT situation has been very frustrating for sure. I feel good about Newby (assurance felt from others opinions), I think I'm puffin' the majic dragon over my want of Willis. I don't see this kid signing with us. We get Newby ... and I'm pleased. Didn't get everyone I wanted or thought we should get ... but it wasn't for lack of effort. I think if we would have won the UCLA game we would have had another nice OL kid and I think the Wisconsin loss hurt us a bit, although I can't/won't direct that towards any one player.

Just read an interview from him at the UA game. Says we are still in it, mentions NU is where his trainer Toby is from and he like us alot. Calls LSU DB U and said he feels comfortable there.

Also said he may visit either Washington, UCLA or ASU for his final OV and then sit down with his parents and decide. Still have hope. We know Toby Wright and his step dad love NU, so i think we still have a decent shot to pull an upset but if i had to put money on it, it would be LSU, although he says hes looking to play early, doesnt matter if its corner, nickle, or saftey and obviosuly we could find a spot for him to play early over LSU.

Still hard to say what hes going to do.

I don't think he has any BETTER chance of playing time here than LSU. Les Miles will put the best players he has on the field regardless of class. If Priest comes in that good, he will see a lot of time no matter which school he attends.

Assessing his chances of early PT may be difficult due to the number of players (including Willis himself) where there is uncertainty about their ultimate position. Jackson and Rose have both been discussed as possible safeties or CBs. Willis himself could be a CB or a safety. There may still be some uncertainty as to whether Heard remains at RB or switches back to CB. If Rose and Jackson both end up as safties and Heard remains a RB, we will be extremely thin at CB come 2014 and Willis ought to get all the playing time he can handle.

Just read an interview from him at the UA game. Says we are still in it, mentions NU is where his trainer Toby is from and he like us alot. Calls LSU DB U and said he feels comfortable there.

Also said he may visit either Washington, UCLA or ASU for his final OV and then sit down with his parents and decide. Still have hope. We know Toby Wright and his step dad love NU, so i think we still have a decent shot to pull an upset but if i had to put money on it, it would be LSU, although he says hes looking to play early, doesnt matter if its corner, nickle, or saftey and obviosuly we could find a spot for him to play early over LSU.

I don't think he has any BETTER chance of playing time here than LSU. Les Miles will put the best players he has on the field regardless of class. If Priest comes in that good, he will see a lot of time no matter which school he attends.

Assessing his chances of early PT may be difficult due to the number of players (including Willis himself) where there is uncertainty about their ultimate position. Jackson and Rose have both been discussed as possible safeties or CBs. Willis himself could be a CB or a safety. There may still be some uncertainty as to whether Heard remains at RB or switches back to CB. If Rose and Jackson both end up as safties and Heard remains a RB, we will be extremely thin at CB come 2014 and Willis ought to get all the playing time he can handle.

I don't think Heard is going anywhere.

Most people have said if not for Heard's groin injury he would've stolen a lot more carries from Ameer this year.

I don't think Heard is going anywhere.

Most people have said if not for Heard's groin injury he would've stolen a lot more carries from Ameer this year.

Heard is an absolute beast. His running reminds me of Keith "Endzone" Jones.

He claims to be nowhere close to making a decision, but would like to do it before signing day and insists that ASU, Ucla, LSU, ND, Nebraska and Florida St are on equal footing at this point.

Perhaps you should pay him a visit. :power

Hmmm, Tempe AZ isn't that far away. If we make his top 3 I'll consider it.

He claims to be nowhere close to making a decision, but would like to do it before signing day and insists that ASU, Ucla, LSU, ND, Nebraska and Florida St are on equal footing at this point.

You can pick up something else while you're there too...

the clap

You can pick up something else while you're there too...

the clap

:clap

This has to absolutely be an overwhelming decision for some of these kids especially if they aren't coming in with prejudices towards a home town school etc.

What I'm sure bottles up the process is that there is an unlimited amount of information you can look at to help you decide. BUT, if it gets to this point, sometimes the hardest decisions need to be filtered down to the simplest of things. Obviously he feels that all of those schools are pretty darn equal. So, it's time to go with your gut feelings. If you think all of them are equal after looking at everything as thoroughly as he has, then you really can't go wrong.

If/when he officially releases a top 3 and we are in it, im going to like our chances. With Toby Wright being in his ear for years about NU when he really sits down and thinks about it, he may feel the most comfortable chosing us. But ...alot of "experts" dont even mention us as being in the top 3 so well see. Im pretty sure he said he would name a top 3 after his last visit, and i hope/think its going to be LSU ULCA NU

He has a bit of a different tone when he speaks about NU and LSU