CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

Sounds like its between USC and LSU for this one.

At least he is visiting.

its nice that we are being mentioned but how long are we gonna be satisfied with just being listed in a top 5??? naturally we are competitive and want to start landing some of these guys......

At least he is visiting.

its nice that we are being mentioned but how long are we gonna be satisfied with just being listed in a top 5??? naturally we are competitive and want to start landing some of these guys......

Him visiting improves are chances by a lot. I feel if there is a good prospect not from the state of Nebraska that is a 5 star or high 4 star and they dont visit they are as good as gone.

At least he is visiting.

Him visiting improves are chances by a lot. I feel if there is a good prospect not from the state of Nebraska that is a 5 star or high 4 star and they dont visit they are as good as gone.

Captain Obvious definitely approves of this post :thumbs

• Fire 1

At least he is visiting.

Captain Obvious definitely approves of this post :thumbs

Thanks Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

Priest Willis should be the new sua cravens of this board. cravens ship has sailed. Willis on the other hand is blowing up at all these camps, most recently the sevens camp. He did enough to make 247 change him to a 5*, and he is also a 5 star on scout. His trainer played at nebraska and is in willis's ear about nebraska. We have a legit chance at him, escpecially because he decided he wants to give us an official visit, that says enough about what he thinks of us with his offer list. He is taking the recruiting process really slow and really just improving his football skills at this time. Apparently the recruiting services are also noticing that making him a 5 star in yet another recruiting site.

While our coaches aren't currently having success recruiting the 2013 class on the offensive side, they are quietly building a decent defensive group. Maybe we build a strong enough defense that creates turnovers often enough that the offense doesn't have far to move the ball to score and at worst we get a FG. Alabama has used this blueprint for a few years with some success. As Husker fans we need to remember we aren't often in the mind of 5 star high school kids from the coasts and SEC territory on the offensive side of the ball. It may take years to get to that level but a few defensive kids will take visits here and some will get on board. Whatever it takes for this staff to get us to championship status is fine with me.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest from Husker Journal. Me likey. We should be able to go anywhere in the country and get top defensive recruits. This is how the Blackshirts roll.

JUNE 15, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS PRIEST WILLIS, CB, 6-2, 200, TEMPE (MARCOS DE NIZA), ARIZONA

Priest has several offers. Has visits lined up to see Notre Dame, Nebraska and LSU.

Huskers Have A Chance

“It’s kind of hard to put it in words,” Willis said of Nebraska. “You just have to feel it. It’s a great school all around not just football to offer.”

“Nebraska coaches said I could fit their program and it’s a great program. I talk to Bo (Pelini) now and then about everything – just as a person.”

“Toby Wright is my trainer we went to Nebraska. He’s been there and I trust him, he said it’s (NU) a great school.” Willis said

“LSU is a great Defensive Back school. It’s Great school for football and it’s SEC.”

“It’s a good school it’s part of the city,” Willis’ thoughts of UCLA. “Nice town, nice football. USC is about the same it’s not a better location but it’s a good school.”

“I Just Want To Play Football”

“It doesn’t matter where I go,” says Willis. “I just want to play football. It really doesn’t matter (early playing time) you still have to play football. You can’t be scared who’s in front of you, or what depth chart is like.”

cornhead.gif