NU Football getting some bad press in Colorado tonight

Fox News 31 in Denver is having a weeks worth of special coverage for womens safety focusing on rape prevention etc. Tonight Natalie Tisdale (who works for the news station) was on and told her story of being sexually assaulted while at UNL by a football player who had numerous other allegations. I did a little research and confirmed it was Christian Peter based on some details of her story and his quick release from the Patriots. She did not directly name him on TV. Anyway the way they covered it made it sound like a big coverup job by the football program. Not very flattering. This may not be news to many but, I had not heard this one before and I believe it was the first time she ever went public with her story. He was convicted of his assault on her and served a ridiculously short sentence.

What Christian Peter did was wrong. There is no excuse for it.

I wonder, though, what her motive is for bringing this up, not once, but twice in the last two months, over 16 years after it happened. Peter was convicted and served his sentence in 1996. He has publicly apologized, and he has gone through alchohol treatment. Alcoholism is NOT an excuse for what he did. It was wrong, period. But at some point, a person should be allowed to move away from the wrongs they did in the past.

Ms. Tysdal wrote an article about this incident last December, where she publicly called out her attacker. Now she's doing it again on TV. At what point does Peter get to move on with his life?

• Fire 3

What Christian Peter did was wrong. There is no excuse for it.

I wonder, though, what her motive is for bringing this up, not once, but twice in the last two months, over 16 years after it happened. Peter was convicted and served his sentence in 1996. He has publicly apologized, and he has gone through alchohol treatment. Alcoholism is NOT an excuse for what he did. It was wrong, period. But at some point, a person should be allowed to move away from the wrongs they did in the past.

Ms. Tysdal wrote an article about this incident last December, where she publicly called out her attacker. Now she's doing it again on TV. At what point does Peter get to move on with his life?

I don't think he does. She doesn't. 8 arrests over the course of his career and never missed a game? He got off easy...this is nothing. He was fortunate to be part of a different era in Nebraska football...today he would have been packing his things before his Junior year.

• Fire 5