SIGNED LB Marcus Newby

Nexus

• 3 weeks later...

News on Newby from Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 23, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS MARCUS NEWBY, LB, 6-1, 210, NORTH POTOMAC (QUINCE ORCHARD), MARYLAND

Marcus has offers from Arizona, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Rutgers, South Carolina, UCF, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

“I’ve been to Maryland Junior Day’s and I’m going to Virginia Tech.” Newby said

“Maryland Junior Day’s they teach you about Maryland football, put you in position meetings so you can learn base defense, yea, so I thought that was good.” Newby said

“They (Maryland) want me pretty bad they said I’m a great player and would love to have me and play for them the next four years.” Newby said

“The games at Maryland are intense I’ve been to the Virginia and Maryland game this past football season.”

Have Interest In Nebraska?

“Yes I do, I love how they run their defense plus their defensive coordinator J P (Papnnn) he’s from Q O (Quince Orchard) too so I feel like I have a connection with him. He wants me pretty bad because a former player Jason Ankrah played for Q O.” Newby said

“Basically he (J P) was telling me how he has connections - Jason is from Q O and I’m from Q O. And he wants me to come for spring practices.” Newby said

“Basically J P said he would like me to come up there, I’m a great player, wants me to play for them because they need fast (LB’s) who can run side line to side line like me.”

Newby did say he will make it up for a spring practice.

“I don’t know a lot about Nebraska I watch a lot of their games how they run their defense and how the linebackers play.”

Distance Not A Factor

“I don’t want to go too far from home,” he said, “I just want to go long ways from home. I want my family see me play.” Newby said

“Nah it’s good,” in response if Nebraska is too far away.

“Actually what kind of academic school they have, what percent graduates. Academics are very important to me. If I like it there, what kind of coaching staff they have.””

cornhead.gif

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

im very happy to get him here for our 2nd jr day that is huge. He loves coach P and from what im finding out everyone loves him. Newby will be REALLY hard to get away from home but he would be one of our biggest steals this class if we could get him

im very happy to get him here for our 2nd jr day that is huge. He loves coach P and from what im finding out everyone loves him. Newby will be REALLY hard to get away from home but he would be one of our biggest steals this class if we could get him

Seems you could have said that about each of our commits the past 3 years. In every single thread it seems this is stated somewhere. More often than not we get the talent we want.

If this kid and Clayborne want N you take both of them end of story. The Clayborne kid is the real f'ing deal.

Seems you could have said that about each of our commits the past 3 years. In every single thread it seems this is stated somewhere. More often than not we get the talent we want.

If this kid and Clayborne want N you take both of them end of story. The Clayborne kid is the real f'ing deal.

Its Claiborne... Claiborne

So many different spellings for that name. Regardless, the mistake doesnt refute my point... point.

So many different spellings for that name. Regardless, the mistake doesnt refute my point... point.

I agree with you, Claiborne is the real deal. Personally wish we would pursue Tim Kimbrough more, but I wouldn't be sad with Claiborne... Claiborne

Curious where this will leave us with Deon Hollins, if he does in fact re-open his recruitment.

• 2 weeks later...

was slated to come to our 2nd junior day but has stated that he will be committing this week. He trimmed his list down again to Cal, Oregon, Nebraska. I really hope he commits to us he is one of my favorite prospects on our board. If he doesnt commit to nebraska this week It'll make me wonder if he would cancel his upcoming visit for junior day.

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1190338.html

was slated to come to our 2nd junior day but has stated that he will be committing this week. He trimmed his list down again to Cal, Oregon, Nebraska. I really hope he commits to us he is one of my favorite prospects on our board. If he doesnt commit to nebraska this week It'll make me wonder if he would cancel his upcoming visit for junior day.

http://nebraska.scou.../2/1190338.html

Oregon scares me.