SIGNED LB Marcus Newby

Nexus

yea both those schools scare me but if he was planning a visit to us he has legitimate interest in us. After all we do have our ace on this kid, pupuchis is his recruiter. Its interesting cal and oregon are the other teams in his top 3. I dont even see on his page on any of the recruiting sites where oregon or cal has offered him. This sounds more like it would be RB terrell newbys final 3 haha.

its terrell newby. and we have a good shot with oregons rb commits and even cal has a 4 star commit at rb and depth at rb on there roster. he is coming to our 2nd junior day over cal's. It looks good right now but we will see

I do not have any inside information to make this claim but it is very clear to me that this kid is a lock for Cal. He has stated "cal is his dream school" he has been to their campus multiple times, he has a glow about him when he talks about Cal that he does not have about other schools. I think he has moved his commitment up to secure himself a spot there and our coaches are probably very well aware we have a very very small chance at him. 9/10 times kids stay close to home. This kid likes that Cal is in his backyard and he has come to the realization he is not getting an offer from USC.

its terrell newby. and we have a good shot with oregons rb commits and even cal has a 4 star commit at rb and depth at rb on there roster. he is coming to our 2nd junior day over cal's. It looks good right now but we will see

I do not have any inside information to make this claim but it is very clear to me that this kid is a lock for Cal. He has stated "cal is his dream school" he has been to their campus multiple times, he has a glow about him when he talks about Cal that he does not have about other schools. I think he has moved his commitment up to secure himself a spot there and our coaches are probably very well aware we have a very very small chance at him. 9/10 times kids stay close to home. This kid likes that Cal is in his backyard and he has come to the realization he is not getting an offer from USC.

Can we get thread back on Marcus TE linebacker seeing how this is his profile!
  • 3 weeks later...

Said he "loved" his visit.

"Former Quince Orchard player, Jason Ankrah, basically showed me around campus, and he introduced me to some of the guys. So it went well. It's been the best yet."

We're in his top 6 along with Maryland, Penn State, West Virginia, Oklahoma and Rutgers.

Wants a place with strong academic support and early playing time is also important. Wants to commit before season starts.

Will come down to us Maryland and Oklahoma, going to be a tough pull from the home state.

It will be between Maryland and Nebraska. No plans to visit OU yet, and I have faith that JP will work his Quince Orchard connection the entire time.

Will come down to us Maryland and Oklahoma, going to be a tough pull from the home state.

It will be between Maryland and Nebraska. No plans to visit OU yet, and I have faith that JP will work his Quince Orchard connection the entire time.

Im pretty sure he went to OU straight from here, could be wrong thou. Having Ankrah there to talk to helped as well, same HS..... as you know.

Edit: ya found it

"Following their trip to Nebraska, Newby and his coach were heading to check out Oklahoma."

Im pretty sure he went to OU straight from here, could be wrong thou. Having Ankrah there to talk to helped as well, same HS..... as you know.

Edit: ya found it

"Following their trip to Nebraska, Newby and his coach were heading to check out Oklahoma."

Good catch.