CB Tre Bell [Florida Commit]

Nexus

Franklin said when he hires an assistant, he looks at the guy's wife before he decides if he wants the guy. Said that if the wife is hot, then it means the guy has confidence in himself and that will translate into coaching.

Still one of the single stupidest things I've ever heard. He might as well have said that he only looks at the cover of books to know if they're good or not.

Franklin said when he hires an assistant, he looks at the guy's wife before he decides if he wants the guy. Said that if the wife is hot, then it means the guy has confidence in himself and that will translate into coaching.

Still one of the single stupidest things I've ever heard. He might as well have said that he only looks at the cover of books to know if they're good or not.

You mean that's not how ya do it? :P

Really? It is not even close to that. The guys he hires, he trusts, he feels like they make great choices, like they are "all that and a bag of chips" he wants to find out if their wives are the "total package" hot and have a great personality. He is implying that he already knows they will have great personalities and be great people, he just wants to find out if they are hot too.

Really? It is not even close to that. The guys he hires, he trusts, he feels like they make great choices, like they are "all that and a bag of chips" he wants to find out if their wives are the "total package" hot and have a great personality. He is implying that he already knows they will have great personalities and be great people, he just wants to find out if they are hot too.

Yeah, I don't think that's what he was saying based on before he decides. Either way, it's still completely stupid. Think about him hiring or not hiring a young Tom Osborne based on how Nancy looks. Abject idiocy.

So basically if the man's wife isn't up to some objective hotness standard he has, that man doesn't make good decisions and hence can't coach? Wow that might be one of the most chauvinist and misguided points of view I have ever heard of.

So basically if the man's wife isn't up to some objective hotness standard he has, that man doesn't make good decisions and hence can't coach? Wow that might be one of the most chauvinist and misguided points of view I have ever heard of.

Yeah, that is exactly what he is saying. Wow

:hmmph

Sounds like someone has some Petrino issues...or maybe a little "Devil's Advocate" thing happening. "Here's the keys to the film room, Oh by the way, about your wife.."

He was not talking about that at all. He was referring to "skills", for lack of a better word, in marrying a beautiful woman and how they correlate to the ability to recruit well. Coaching ability was never in the context of this comment.

We have a winner!

Doesn't make it any less idiotic.

He was not talking about that at all. He was referring to "skills", for lack of a better word, in marrying a beautiful woman and how they correlate to the ability to recruit well. Coaching ability was never in the context of this comment.

We have a winner!

Sure it does. Confidence, the ability to read people. the ability to separate yourself from competition and all that. However, that is not a conversation to have on this kids page. There was a big how-do-you-do about it when it came out and all of this was hashed out. If I had any idea on how to find it I would dig up the link for you.

We have a winner!

I don't know what to tell you, go hang out with girls that you don't think are pretty then.

We have a winner!

You are correct zeWilbur...I don't know where I got the coaching part but it did have to do with having confidence in selling the school to a kid.

We have a winner!

I don't know what to tell you, go hang out with girls that you don't think are pretty then.

I don't know what to tell you if how you date women is similar to how you recruit high school kids.