Weight: 225

40 time: 4.7

Offers: Louisiana-Lafayette, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Western Kentucky

Ds4b0.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

With his athletisim and ball hawking ability, he will be gone when LSU offers. Sorry.....

States that he wants to stay close to home and that LSU is by far his #1 choice.

With his athletisim and ball hawking ability, he will be gone when LSU offers. Sorry.....

States that he wants to stay close to home and that LSU is by far his #1 choice.

Boom

he attented camp but did not get a offer from lsu? im assuming lsu is waiting to see if they get there top choices at LB and if they dont they will offer this kid and he will commit to them.

Debo #2? :(

Yes. He's a f'ing talent. I really wish we could get him here. If Debo would have came that would have put our class into the top tier of people last year. But I see him committing to AtM and then around November when LSU finally offers jumping ship.

he listed a top 3 im not sure what they are yet but.. i would guess texas a&m nebraska and maybe tcu are the top 3 idk but if anyone finds out please post! thanks

he visited a&m for there spring game and has nebraska and a&m at the top as of now according to 247. also according to 247 he is attending nebraska's 2nd junior day on june 16th

he visited a&m for there spring game and has nebraska and a&m at the top as of now according to 247. also according to 247 he is attending nebraska's 2nd junior day on june 16th

Dont count out Ole Miss. I think its A&M, Neb tied for 1, Ole miss

we dont hear alot about this kid but yet he has had nebraska at or near his top schools since the beginning. whats the scoop on him is he a backup option or what cuz he seems like a purty damn good lb to me by watching some of his film

we dont hear alot about this kid but yet he has had nebraska at or near his top schools since the beginning. whats the scoop on him is he a backup option or what cuz he seems like a purty damn good lb to me by watching some of his film

Maybe, I like him I hope he is our third LB.

yea i agree he might have deion jones written all over him though lol I hate saying that

Please no more nightmares of the 2012 class.

yea he is coming for our 2nd junior day he has had it scheduled for quite a while

Good to hear updated on The secound Jr day thread.

Have to like our chances with this one.

Any insight on LSU's class size and LBs?

They have 19 LBs on their roster and just 1 senior with no playing time. Looks like 3 out of the 7 juniors will start while a couple more fill in on special teams. They took 5 LBs last year along with an ATH that will most likely play there as well.

I have no real facts to go one but you have to think it will be a light LB class for LSU.

They have 19 LBs on their roster and just 1 senior with no playing time. Looks like 3 out of the 7 juniors will start while a couple more fill in on special teams. They took 5 LBs last year along with an ATH that will most likely play there as well.

I have no real facts to go one but you have to think it will be a light LB class for LSU.

Then this is the perfect year to steal a talent like this right out from under them. Kid is extremely talented.

I want to get excited about this kid, I really, REALLY do because he looks like a fantastic talent. But it's so hard knowing that all it takes is for LSU to whiff on their top prospects for us to lose his commitment if we do end up getting it.

I want to get excited about this kid, I really, REALLY do because he looks like a fantastic talent. But it's so hard knowing that all it takes is for LSU to whiff on their top prospects for us to lose his commitment if we do end up getting it.

Agreed, but check out the posts above.

But they were too full for Debo last year too for a while, then things changed. With our luck, a couple guys go pro early, a couple get kicked off the team for different reasons, one or two move to DE and bulk up, and all of a sudden "Hey Darian, so it turns out we do want-" "YESSSS".

I know you guys know your stuff, so I'm not arguing those facts above, because it does look like there's a good shot at him for us, but man it would kill to lose him like we lost Debo. I still can't decide if I want to see Debo flourish or not down there lol.

But they were too full for Debo last year too for a while, then things changed. With our luck, a couple guys go pro early, a couple get kicked off the team for different reasons, one or two move to DE and bulk up, and all of a sudden "Hey Darian, so it turns out we do want-" "YESSSS".

I know you guys know your stuff, so I'm not arguing those facts above, because it does look like there's a good shot at him for us, but man it would kill to lose him like we lost Debo. I still can't decide if I want to see Debo flourish or not down there lol.

LSU does not currently have any linebackers committed for 2013. But I would be very worried about a&m. History tells us that when it comes close to signing day, a majority of recruits decide to stay close to him. We know he is very familiar with a&m and that a&m will be in the SEC playing many games close to home for him. They have a new coach and are hyping up everything right now, including their stadium expansion which will take place soon.

i agree right now our biggest competition is a&m for him and now that they are in the SEC they are definately somebody to worry about. we will cross the lsu bridge when it comes, and if it comes. We got a good chance at this kid after he visits im sure.

How long will this Debo/LSU induced PTSD persist? Will we every be able to target a La. recruit without lamenting the loss of Debo or being paralysed by fear of LSU swooping in? Let's move on.

• Upvote 2

How long will this Debo/LSU induced PTSD persist? Will we every be able to target a La. recruit without lamenting the loss of Debo or being paralysed by fear of LSU swooping in? Let's move on.

First post and I actually dig it. I'll give you a +1. Let's stop fearing the tigah's!

I understand what you mean and its getting old, but its like Banderas this year. Im sure Iowa fans were praying we wouldnt offer because you just know the kid is gone to the home team, its just the way it is, and will always be....especially since we are recruting SEC territory more, i thinks its going to happen quite a bit more.

apparently offered by Arkansas today

For some reason, Johnelle doesnt worry me as much as Bobby did...

I agree, With only a contract that extends to next season does not look good in the eyes of recruits, since they want a coach to be there when they get there. I don't believe Arky will keep Smith after this season. I really do not think Arky will be anything spectacular this year.

While reading Chancellor Perlman's interview with Shatel, Perlman states,• On frequently extending coaches' contracts: “That is almost inherent in the system we have. You owe an obligation to your coach, as long as he's your coach, to give him the tools he needs to do the job. And right now, one of those tools is a long-term contract. They can't recruit without it. That's the way it is. It's the price of doing business.”http://bigredtoday.com/article/20120511/BIGRED/705119810#shatel-perlman-s-a-school-leader-good-sport

I agree, With only a contract that extends to next season does not look good in the eyes of recruits, since they want a coach to be there when they get there. I don't believe Arky will keep Smith after this season. I really do not think Arky will be anything spectacular this year.

While reading Chancellor Perlman's interview with Shatel, Perlman states,• On frequently extending coaches'

contracts: “That is almost inherent in the system we have. You owe an obligation to your coach, as long as he's your coach, to give him the tools he needs to do the job. And right now, one of those tools is a long-term contract. They can't recruit without it. That's the way it is. It's the price of doing business.”http://bigredtoday.com/article/20120511/BIGRED/705119810#shatel-perlman-s-a-school-leader-good-sport

Maybe, but i wouldnt sleep on arkansas either. They have plenty of talent, arent afraid to play dirty, and have the SEC clout. I think Arkansas will have a decent season, prob finished ranked top ten (or at least 20). Bet they end up with a well recognized coach by seasons end too. Hopefully his mom isnt looking for a job.....

Believe it or not, John L. is a much better recruiter than Petrino. John L. actually makes an effort, after Petrino's firing we found out Petrino didn't even make an effort to meet and interact with recruits, and that pissed off alot of fans. On in homes getting close to NSD would be the 1st time Petrino met recruits, which is completely unacceptable.

Recruiting is going pretty well right now with the interim coach, our staff is doing wonderful jobs of selling recruits on the school. Our new DL coach that recruits Lousiana is doing some major work down there. He flipped Otha Peters from Tenner right before NSD and our two current commits are from Louisiana. I wouldn't be shocked if we get majorly involved here.

Another update.

"Nebraska is definitely at the top," Claiborne said. "They and [Texas] A&M are neck and neck. It's just a tough battle and hard. I mean, I know that I can't make everybody happy, so it's just hard. I like TCU too, but my front runners would have to be Nebraska and A&M."

Gave his to visit to Nebraska a 9.3 and A&M a 8.7. Said we have the best facilities in the country "hands down" and that he and some of our committed LBs had "a nice bond". Our facilities is what gave a us a little bit better of a ranking. Likes that A&M is in the $EC though.

Talked to Bo. Probably will play at the Will spot and probably will play early if he comes here. Said Bo was "very intense and nice".

Said he originally thought Nebraska was just a bunch of cornfields (like they usually do <_< ), but said he liked the atmosphere and being downtown. Doesn't know when he'll commit. Wants to get advice from family as to what his next move is.

I had a dream that he commited to Texas a&m on scout. He was also a 5* LB and #1 at his position.

I had a dream that he commited to Texas a&m on scout. He was also a 5* LB and #1 at his position.

Hopefully it wasn't a wet dream...

• Upvote 8

uhh no.

:lol:

Hahah

2rotcp5.jpg

2rotcp5.jpg

man one time i had a wet dream and it was like kine super realistic and what not... full on kine choke replay action... ways i could feel the chicks hands all over me... brah i woke up and it was my mom hugging me waking me up for school.... i got dirty lickens..... the whole day stay junk after that