LB Darian Claiborne [Texas A&M - Signed NLI]

Nexus

Have to like our chances with this one.

Any insight on LSU's class size and LBs?

They have 19 LBs on their roster and just 1 senior with no playing time. Looks like 3 out of the 7 juniors will start while a couple more fill in on special teams. They took 5 LBs last year along with an ATH that will most likely play there as well.

I have no real facts to go one but you have to think it will be a light LB class for LSU.

Have to like our chances with this one.

Any insight on LSU's class size and LBs?

They have 19 LBs on their roster and just 1 senior with no playing time. Looks like 3 out of the 7 juniors will start while a couple more fill in on special teams. They took 5 LBs last year along with an ATH that will most likely play there as well.

I have no real facts to go one but you have to think it will be a light LB class for LSU.

Then this is the perfect year to steal a talent like this right out from under them. Kid is extremely talented.

I want to get excited about this kid, I really, REALLY do because he looks like a fantastic talent. But it's so hard knowing that all it takes is for LSU to whiff on their top prospects for us to lose his commitment if we do end up getting it.

Agreed, but check out the posts above.

I want to get excited about this kid, I really, REALLY do because he looks like a fantastic talent. But it's so hard knowing that all it takes is for LSU to whiff on their top prospects for us to lose his commitment if we do end up getting it.

But they were too full for Debo last year too for a while, then things changed. With our luck, a couple guys go pro early, a couple get kicked off the team for different reasons, one or two move to DE and bulk up, and all of a sudden "Hey Darian, so it turns out we do want-" "YESSSS".

I know you guys know your stuff, so I'm not arguing those facts above, because it does look like there's a good shot at him for us, but man it would kill to lose him like we lost Debo. I still can't decide if I want to see Debo flourish or not down there lol.

But they were too full for Debo last year too for a while, then things changed. With our luck, a couple guys go pro early, a couple get kicked off the team for different reasons, one or two move to DE and bulk up, and all of a sudden "Hey Darian, so it turns out we do want-" "YESSSS".

I know you guys know your stuff, so I'm not arguing those facts above, because it does look like there's a good shot at him for us, but man it would kill to lose him like we lost Debo. I still can't decide if I want to see Debo flourish or not down there lol.

LSU does not currently have any linebackers committed for 2013. But I would be very worried about a&m. History tells us that when it comes close to signing day, a majority of recruits decide to stay close to him. We know he is very familiar with a&m and that a&m will be in the SEC playing many games close to home for him. They have a new coach and are hyping up everything right now, including their stadium expansion which will take place soon.