LB Darian Claiborne [Texas A&M - Signed NLI]

Nexus

i agree right now our biggest competition is a&m for him and now that they are in the SEC they are definately somebody to worry about. we will cross the lsu bridge when it comes, and if it comes. We got a good chance at this kid after he visits im sure.

How long will this Debo/LSU induced PTSD persist? Will we every be able to target a La. recruit without lamenting the loss of Debo or being paralysed by fear of LSU swooping in? Let's move on.

First post and I actually dig it. I'll give you a +1. Let's stop fearing the tigah's!

How long will this Debo/LSU induced PTSD persist? Will we every be able to target a La. recruit without lamenting the loss of Debo or being paralysed by fear of LSU swooping in? Let's move on.

I understand what you mean and its getting old, but its like Banderas this year. Im sure Iowa fans were praying we wouldnt offer because you just know the kid is gone to the home team, its just the way it is, and will always be....especially since we are recruting SEC territory more, i thinks its going to happen quite a bit more.

apparently offered by Arkansas today

For some reason, Johnelle doesnt worry me as much as Bobby did...

I agree, With only a contract that extends to next season does not look good in the eyes of recruits, since they want a coach to be there when they get there. I don't believe Arky will keep Smith after this season. I really do not think Arky will be anything spectacular this year.

While reading Chancellor Perlman's interview with Shatel, Perlman states,• On frequently extending coaches' contracts: “That is almost inherent in the system we have. You owe an obligation to your coach, as long as he's your coach, to give him the tools he needs to do the job. And right now, one of those tools is a long-term contract. They can't recruit without it. That's the way it is. It's the price of doing business.”http://bigredtoday.com/article/20120511/BIGRED/705119810#shatel-perlman-s-a-school-leader-good-sport

I agree, With only a contract that extends to next season does not look good in the eyes of recruits, since they want a coach to be there when they get there. I don't believe Arky will keep Smith after this season. I really do not think Arky will be anything spectacular this year.

While reading Chancellor Perlman's interview with Shatel, Perlman states,• On frequently extending coaches'

contracts: “That is almost inherent in the system we have. You owe an obligation to your coach, as long as he's your coach, to give him the tools he needs to do the job. And right now, one of those tools is a long-term contract. They can't recruit without it. That's the way it is. It's the price of doing business.”http://bigredtoday.com/article/20120511/BIGRED/705119810#shatel-perlman-s-a-school-leader-good-sport

Maybe, but i wouldnt sleep on arkansas either. They have plenty of talent, arent afraid to play dirty, and have the SEC clout. I think Arkansas will have a decent season, prob finished ranked top ten (or at least 20). Bet they end up with a well recognized coach by seasons end too. Hopefully his mom isnt looking for a job.....

Believe it or not, John L. is a much better recruiter than Petrino. John L. actually makes an effort, after Petrino's firing we found out Petrino didn't even make an effort to meet and interact with recruits, and that pissed off alot of fans. On in homes getting close to NSD would be the 1st time Petrino met recruits, which is completely unacceptable.

Recruiting is going pretty well right now with the interim coach, our staff is doing wonderful jobs of selling recruits on the school. Our new DL coach that recruits Lousiana is doing some major work down there. He flipped Otha Peters from Tenner right before NSD and our two current commits are from Louisiana. I wouldn't be shocked if we get majorly involved here.

• 1 month later...

Another update.

"Nebraska is definitely at the top," Claiborne said. "They and [Texas] A&M are neck and neck. It's just a tough battle and hard. I mean, I know that I can't make everybody happy, so it's just hard. I like TCU too, but my front runners would have to be Nebraska and A&M."

Gave his to visit to Nebraska a 9.3 and A&M a 8.7. Said we have the best facilities in the country "hands down" and that he and some of our committed LBs had "a nice bond". Our facilities is what gave a us a little bit better of a ranking. Likes that A&M is in the $EC though.

Talked to Bo. Probably will play at the Will spot and probably will play early if he comes here. Said Bo was "very intense and nice".

Said he originally thought Nebraska was just a bunch of cornfields (like they usually do <_< ), but said he liked the atmosphere and being downtown. Doesn't know when he'll commit. Wants to get advice from family as to what his next move is.