Northwestern 2012 Season Tickets on sale now

Just a FYI to folks looking for an easy away game ticket in 2012--Northwestern is selling season tickets from $99 to $262/ticket.

Reason you may want to jump on this now, as opposed to say, in a month or three, is that Northwestern has designated their Nebraska game as "Family Night" in an attempt to get family and alum in the area into the stadium to try and keep us out.

ryan_field_3D_11.gif

Was able to pull two tickets for Row 77 in section 130. Not ideal, but once you sell the tickets for the other games, it shouldn't be *nearly* as expensive as $262/ticket when all is said and done, especially if you nab decent seats.

And this won't be a bad outing, if, for no other reason, you can see experience Chicago before and after the game.

Northwestern Ticket Office Link

And yes, this is no Columbus, OH--but then again, that ticket is likely to be in the stratosphere. This option is for the more budget-minded fans that also like to get some tourism in on their football outings. :)

• Fire 3

Yea I called them last week and got 4 endzone tickets for the season and 4 single game Nebraska tickets to sell. I had to pretend to be a cat fan with the ticket salesman but hey at least our group is going to the game!

Stubhub has people listing the tickets in the endzone for the Nebraska game at $150 per. So the $152 per endzone season ticket cost should be lower when we sell the extra season tickets. If not, break even at worst. It does sucks the cats home game schedule is crappy for resell purposes.

Also, UN ticket folks are charging more for the Nebraska game than any other home game on the schedule. They are trying to take advantage of us! However, it is a capitalist society so no real reason to complain that much just something to note.

Yea I called them last week and got 4 endzone tickets for the season and 4 single game Nebraska tickets to sell. I had to pretend to be a cat fan with the ticket salesman but hey at least our group is going to the game!

Stubhub has people listing the tickets in the endzone for the Nebraska game at $150 per. So the $152 per endzone season ticket cost should be lower when we sell the extra season tickets. If not, break even at worst. It does sucks the cats home game schedule is crappy for resell purposes.

Also, UN ticket folks are charging more for the Nebraska game than any other home game on the schedule. They are trying to take advantage of us! However, it is a capitalist society so no real reason to complain that much just something to note.

Yeah, their schedule does suck something fierce. Doesn't mean you can't unload them for, say, $10 a ticket/game. That would be a nice ROI that would make the DoNU tickets reasonable.

I imagine it will look something like this when the game comes around

http://www.flickr.co...der/3016958980/

Great. So what you're telling us is that we got beat by the Big 10 version of Kansas State last year. :bang

Well if you are OSU then losing to Northwestern is rock botton since we've lost to them once in the past 40 years.

Nebraska however hasn't had time to develop the pain in the ass school that you struggle with(you will develop schools that you own conversely)

Northwestern might just be your Purdue(OSU's pain in the ass). I guess you won't lose to Purdue EVER if it works out that way.

I imagine it will look something like this when the game comes around

http://www.flickr.co...der/3016958980/

Great. So what you're telling us is that we got beat by the Big 10 version of Kansas State last year. :bang

Well if you are OSU then losing to Northwestern is rock botton since we've lost to them once in the past 40 years.

Nebraska however hasn't had time to develop the pain in the ass school that you struggle with(you will develop schools that you own conversely)

Northwestern might just be your Purdue(OSU's pain in the ass). I guess you won't lose to Purdue EVER if it works out that way.

Helps not having to play them (or Illinois, or Indiana) except every other two years or so. 12 team scheduling is funny like that.

BTW, I wouldn't want to be in your division--Illinois has talent *and* capable coaching. They look to make some (significant) noise this year.