You make me sick

skers

How dare you call yourself Husker fans? You guys are all acting like a bunch of baby's. How dare you critisize someone that you haven't walked a mile in their shoes...You should all be ashamed of yourself for the crap written on this bored. You wonder why the student section isn't what it used to be, and complain about their behavior during the Oklahoma game. WE AS HUSKER FANS are supposed to be the best fans in football. ACT LIKE IT. when i think of the worlds best fan I think about my mom. No matter what the family was going through (my brothres suicide, fathers death) or how busy she was with work she NEVER missed a football game in my 4 years of highschool. No matter how bad my Islanders and I were doing she was there. When we had our good years when EVERYONE else was there she was there with them, she was one of a few at times as well. But no matter what she was there cheering us on, no matter how bad the officiating , no matter how terrible the coach was, she was there and I never heard her complain about anything. Granted she may not be the most knowledgeable fan but some of you aren't either.

Give this guy a freaking break. Understand this guy's circumstances (injuries, new system old players). Give this guy 4 years and give him an honest chance. I'm soo sick of some of you merry weather fans that cheer when we start 4-0 and are bitching about 5-4. I'm not entirly happy with things either but BE A FAN, one these young men need. It's not easy for them to lose either. Support our TEAM, rain shine, lose or win.

GBR :steam:box:steam

I'm soo sick of some of you merry weather fans that cheer when we start 4-0 and are bitching about 5-4. I'm not entirly happy with things either but BE A FAN, one these young men need. It's not easy for them to lose either. Support our TEAM, rain shine, lose or win.

Right there with you 100%. :thumbs

Great post skers,

Sorry to hear of all the trying times your family had to endure. I think all families have tribulations they go through whether it be a death or other problems.

I like to think of all of us as one big Husker family. Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and in-laws. With that said, all families have disagreements and this one not withstanding. We are such a varied and diverse family it is not unusual for arguments to crop up at times especially in bleaker times.

From the sound of your post I know you will continue to be a Husker fan no matter what and keep the faith.

GBR GBR GBR

BEAT KU

:clap

Awesome post..... this board needed a slap of reality !!!!

:cheers

Obviously, all of us bleed Big Red (yes, even former) we can be unhappy, but we need to stick together to make this university what it has been and what it will continue to be........#1 in class and tradition

:clap

Awesome post..... this board needed a slap of reality !!!!

:cheers

Obviously, all of us bleed Big Red (yes, even former) we can be unhappy, but we need to stick together to make this university what it has been and what it will continue to be........#1 in class and tradition

We might just need to cheer on the players to make great grades because the way they played today our football talent is null and void!

How dare you call yourself Husker fans? You guys are all acting like a bunch of baby's. How dare you critisize someone that you haven't walked a mile in their shoes...You should all be ashamed of yourself for the crap written on this bored. You wonder why the student section isn't what it used to be, and complain about their behavior during the Oklahoma game. WE AS HUSKER FANS are supposed to be the best fans in football. ACT LIKE IT. when i think of the worlds best fan I think about my mom. No matter what the family was going through (my brothres suicide, fathers death) or how busy she was with work she NEVER missed a football game in my 4 years of highschool. No matter how bad my Islanders and I were doing she was there. When we had our good years when EVERYONE else was there she was there with them, she was one of a few at times as well. But no matter what she was there cheering us on, no matter how bad the officiating , no matter how terrible the coach was, she was there and I never heard her complain about anything. Granted she may not be the most knowledgeable fan but some of you aren't either.

Give this guy a freaking break. Understand this guy's circumstances (injuries, new system old players). Give this guy 4 years and give him an honest chance. I'm soo sick of some of you merry weather fans that cheer when we start 4-0 and are bitching about 5-4. I'm not entirly happy with things either but BE A FAN, one these young men need. It's not easy for them to lose either. Support our TEAM, rain shine, lose or win.

this make me sick......

Give me a break. We should see more out of this team, as we are almost TWO YEARS into the BC regime. The Big 12 North has been a joke the last two years, yet we have had little impact. This is NEBRASKA!!

What, exactly, has BC done to prove to anyone that he's capable of coaching a National Championship-caliber team? What progress have we made in two years? Can you honestly say this team is better than last years'?

Sometimes the "never bad mouth your team" fans really rub me the wrong way. Everything is sunshine and daisies, right? I have every right to complain about the direction of this program, as it is quickly becoming a laughingstock. We aren't making progress. It's painfully clear that BC is a failure, and we need to let him go at the end of the year.

Skers, I love you man. I am sorry for what you have gone through.

I will always love the Big Red, and root hard, and hope for victory.

But it doesn't mean I'm a bad fan if'n I'm disgusted with Callahan. Nobody can tell me KU has more talent than NU.

Random thoughts:

I'm sick and tired of NU getting worse. This isn't the same team that beat ISU.

The kids seem to have given up.

Callahan will get another year.

The NU offense has less than 150 yards. The defense has let another opponent have a great day.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but KU throttling NU isn't about talent. KU doesn't have more talent. Period. Other teams with lesser talent than NU have played KU better. This is an embarassment to the University and all fans.

I don't believe people aren't 'true fans' when they get disgusted with losing. As a matter of fact, I think if you aren't passionate, you aren't a very good fan at all. Passion means not accepting bad play. Not accepting bad play does not mean giving up, though. I never give up. I always hope and cheer for a win. But I don't accept poor play. I can accept losing. I can't accept bad coaching or poor effort, which is what NU has had lately.

Giving up is a bad fan. Refusing to root for the team b/c things are going badly is a bad fan. Rooting for the team to lose so the coach will get fired is a bad fan.

But not accepting bad play isn't a bad fan.

Go Big Red!

This one is just as hard to take as any other loss, but I can't give up on this team. I know starting Beck won't change anything. Without an O/L USC's Q/B couldn't move this team. The defence cannot be on the field that long. Time to get ready for K.ST. I know this team won't give up and I won't either.

GBR!!!!

The reason the team has slipped to this level isn't because of our new head coach.

Our team is like swiss cheese...some areas are solid and others leave gaping holes. I agree with the guy who started this post. WHO CARES how good we are? If you're a fan, a TRUE fan, you support your team, NO MATTER WHAT.

This world has become such an easy place to be instantly satisfied. If you don't like your team, jump on another one's wagon. If you're horny, get online and look at nudie pics. If you're hungry, drive down the block and pick up a burger for a buck, or throw a pizza in the oven.

Now, those of you who can't stand how the Huskers are doing, I can relate. I'm a HUGE Husker fan, always have been, and always will be. If we go 0-12 ten years in a row I'll still be there watching each and every game. I'll still be PISSED when we lose, but that's how I am. I like to win. I like my team to win. BUT I WILL STILL BE A FAN even if we don't. That's what it's all about.

Regardless of the score, the coach, the players, or the bluehairs on some message board, forever, GO BIG RED!

(BTW ... for those of you who simply can't handle the football team, start following volleyball -- they're doing awesome. For those of you who are saying "yeah right" as you read this, please position yourself on the other side of the net from our LADY Huskers and tell me your opinion!)