The Religious Discussion of 2012

Well I'll be frank with you here. If you are basing laws off of any religion other than Christianity, then the laws are wrong.

Really? You're welcome to head to the Middle East if you'd like to live in a theocracy. The US is a secular nation.

"[T]he Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." You know who said that? The founding fathers.

• Fire 1

Well I'll be frank with you here. If you are basing laws off of any religion other than Christianity, then the laws are wrong.

Really? You're welcome to head to the Middle East if you'd like to live in a theocracy. The US is a secular nation.

"[T]he Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." You know who said that? The founding fathers.

I really don't care how things are or how they have been, the Bible itself says to follow the will of God before the laws of the people. So here's a better idea: let's not create any confusion and just model our laws after Christianity.

I really don't care how things are or how they have been, the Bible itself says to follow the will of God before the laws of the people. So here's a better idea: let's not create any confusion and just model our laws after Christianity.

But what about the non-Christians? Why should they, in a free country, have to abide by religious laws?

The Jews believe they worship the One True God. Why not base our laws off their religious tenets?

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" - Matthew 22:21

Romans 13: 1-2...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+13%3A1-2&version=NIV

1) Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

2) Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

The simple answer is that Christians are to obey human law except where that human law violates God's Law. Our supreme duty is to obey God. Since God tells us to also obey human laws, we should. But, when they come in conflict, we are to "obey God rather than men"

The simple answer is that Christians are to obey human law except where that human law violates God's Law. Our supreme duty is to obey God. Since God tells us to also obey human laws, we should. But, when they come in conflict, we are to "obey God rather than men"

And who wrote God's laws for Her, and where are they accurately portrayed?

And who wrote God's laws for Her, and where are they accurately portrayed?

Did you really just refer to God as "Her"?

:ban

Great post!