The Religious Discussion of 2012

Well I'll be frank with you here. If you are basing laws off of any religion other than Christianity, then the laws are wrong.

Really? You're welcome to head to the Middle East if you'd like to live in a theocracy. The US is a secular nation.

"[T]he Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." You know who said that? The founding fathers.

I really don't care how things are or how they have been, the Bible itself says to follow the will of God before the laws of the people. So here's a better idea: let's not create any confusion and just model our laws after Christianity.

What about the non-Christians? Screw 'em?

Well I'll be frank with you here. If you are basing laws off of any religion other than Christianity, then the laws are wrong.

Really? You're welcome to head to the Middle East if you'd like to live in a theocracy. The US is a secular nation.

"[T]he Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." You know who said that? The founding fathers.

I hope you have some evidence to back that statement up, I would like to read it. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Why would it be disrespectful to a genderless god? Or, more specifically, why would it be more disrespectful than calling God "He" or "Him?"

Isn't referring to God by male pronouns simply repeating dogmatically the tenets of a religion you were taught?

What about the qoute that God made man in his own image? Wasn't Adam the first human God made? :dunno

Why would it be disrespectful to a genderless god? Or, more specifically, why would it be more disrespectful than calling God "He" or "Him?"

Isn't referring to God by male pronouns simply repeating dogmatically the tenets of a religion you were taught?

What about the qoute that God made man in his own image? Wasn't Adam the first human God made? :dunno

Do you really think God has a gender? What's the point of gender without equal/opposite gender? Gender is only necessary as a component of procreation, which is unnecessary for a god.

I hope you have some evidence to back that statement up, I would like to read it. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Oh, I do. Read away . . .

tumblr_lnk10scTgQ1qjvxfho1_500.jpg

http://avalon.law.ya...ry/bar1796t.asp

It was unanimously approved by the US Senate in 1797 and signed by President John Adams. It's rather amusing that this document was not at all radical in the time of our founding . . . but if it was approved and signed in 2012 there would be rioting in the streets. I guess it shows how crazy the fundamentalists have gotten. It also shows how little these lovers of history actually know about our true history. The facts don't really line up with the rhetoric.

Anyways. I hope the evidence is sufficient to overcome your resistance to the facts.

Do you really think God has a gender? What's the point of gender without equal/opposite gender? Gender is only necessary as a component of procreation, which is unnecessary for a god.

It's important that we recognize that god is male and that females are inherently inferior. :P

It's important that we recognize that god is male and that females are inherently inferior. :P

I get the ironic hyperbole, but I think it's pretty safe to say that today's Christians aren't intentionally feeling/thinking this. At least, anecdotally, none of the Christians I know feel this way. Male or female.

I get the ironic hyperbole, but I think it's pretty safe to say that today's Christians aren't intentionally feeling/thinking this. At least, anecdotally, none of the Christians I know feel this way. Male or female.

What rationale is the Catholic Church currently giving for male only clergy?

I think the outrage over someone calling god a female is interesting

I think the outrage over someone calling god a female is interesting.

Is it a hold-over from old property ownership laws?

Perhaps it is because Jesus was the bridegroom, and the church was the bride.

This marriage analogy was used... but once gay marriage is introduced into the equasion, the gender roles fly out the window.

I think the outrage over someone calling god a female is interesting.

Is it a hold-over from old property ownership laws?

Perhaps it is because Jesus was the bridegroom, and the church was the bride.

This marriage analogy was used... but once gay marriage is introduced into the equasion, the gender roles fly out the window.

I checked. Apparently the position of the Catholic Church is that no woman can have authority over a man. Were I a Catholic woman I don't think that I could/would accept that.

Basically according to the Catholic Church: Men > Women

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/women-and-the-priesthood