Bama sends 105 letters to a single recruit in one day

NUance

Tide Floods Four-star Running Back's Mailbox

February 16, 2012 by Keith Niebuhr, Rivals Recruiting Analyst

Four-star junior tailback Alvin Kamara of Norcross, Ga., couldn't believe what he found in his mailbox after getting home from school one recent day. Or rather, what he found falling out of his mailbox.

"There were 105 letters from Alabama," Kamara told Rivals.com. "I counted!" Kamara said. "And I took pictures. I was shocked. I didn't expect there to be that many in the mailbox. When I opened it, it was overflowing and some of them fell out." Kamara said he's keeping all 105 of them in one shoebox.

LINK

105 letters in one day?? I'd be ticked off if I was that kid's father.

That is really cool.

We should do something like this. I'm being completely serious! It is very memorable for the recruit. I'm telling you, this kid is not going to forget about Alabama anytime soon.

I wasn't a recruited athlete or anything, but when I started getting mail from colleges, it was really cool. I looked forward to coming home every day to a mailbox full of stuff addressed to me from schools. After a while it got old hat and I wouldn't really notice one envelope from the next, unless as school sent something really cool.

The college search process is an exciting one and when a school shows you a lot of love like that, it matters. For the school, the cost is a drop in the bucket, and the potential gain is tremendous.

Getting that much crap in my mailbox in 1 day from the same institution would tick me off. Having to sort through the crap to find the real mail would be a pain. Really have to wonder what kind of dribble they would put in the letters to make them different. Waste of time to open them up and read them I bet. Would get old fast.

Well, he is wearing UGA shorts in the picture and I doubt he just happened to have them on.

Alvin-Kamara-9.jpg

Recruiting is crazy down there. My Mother lives in a suburb of Atlanta so I flew down to visit and had a buddy pick me up at Hartsfield. Driving along 85 I saw this massive Auburn football billboard on the side of the highway...sure enough it was by some recruit's house. They really pull out all the stops.