NFL combine

It was obvious that our OL was and has been the number 1 problem on offense the past few years. The lack in combine invites and the poor showing, AFTER time off to heal and prepare is an accurate picture of the state of our OL.... the question is..... is this a product of Cotton, or are the players just not very good, which is the reason Cotton catches heat? Chicken or egg.

And, I will go against 99.9% on the board here...... yes, I was just as disappointed to see Peat sign with Stanford, but I am not convinced without a doubt that he would be a 4 year starter... Yes, his size is great, but he had better have great technique, because with his frame, guys will get under him... Just because Rivals gave him 5**, doesn't guarantee anything. Many on the board thought that landing Marlon Lucky would produce a 4 year superstar !!

For those who feel like Peat would have been a 4 year starter and "savior" for our OL, need to take a deep breath and see that the odds of that happening would be stacked against him.

If you saw Peat go against the #1 DE prospect in the nation (Mario Edwards--a FSU commit) in the Under Armor All-American game you wouldn't be saying that. Peat absolutely dominated Edwards one on one and showed tremendously quick feet feet in pass blocking and effective run blocking skills.

Peat will be a 3 or 4 year starter for Stanford, barring any unforseen circumstances.

http://www.nfl.com/c...nard?id=2532832

NFL combine analysis on Alfonzo Dennard. Overall really positive, but...

Dennard is a strong all-around player, who doesn't shine with any particular skill, but that's his main strength

lolwhat, Bump coverage.

Alfonzo is a shorter corner and could potentially get out-jumped at the next level.

lolOK, at this point they're simply making stuff up based on on-paper measureables and not even remotely real knowledge about the player.

Yea, Fonzie got out jumped by every elite college player he went against. Ha, Ha, Ha. Do they even know who he is?

http://www.nfl.com/c...nard?id=2532832

NFL combine analysis on Alfonzo Dennard. Overall really positive, but...

Dennard is a strong all-around player, who doesn't shine with any particular skill, but that's his main strength

lolwhat, Bump coverage.

Alfonzo is a shorter corner and could potentially get out-jumped at the next level.

lolOK, at this point they're simply making stuff up based on on-paper measureables and not even remotely real knowledge about the player.

Yea, Fonzie got out jumped by every elite college player he went against. Ha, Ha, Ha. Do they even know who he is?

Out jumped is the wrong terms for his play, but his height does hurt him as we've seen a few times. The kid is an athletic beast, and he will show that at the combine

Out jumped is the wrong terms for his play, but his height does hurt him as we've seen a few times. The kid is an athletic beast, and he will show that at the combine

lo was being facetious. Fonzie didn't get out-jumped by anyone.... well, except Alshon at the bowl game on that stupid Hail Mary. But pretty much every other time he beat his man.

Wow, Nebraska's weakness in the weight room is really shining through in this years NFL combine. Way to Go Big Red! Representing the program in a big way. Marcel Jones and his 13 reps (lowest of all offensive linemen) really demonstrates why he was such a piss poor player here.

He was hurt half of his career. I wouldn't say he is a representation of the entire team.

Wow, Nebraska's weakness in the weight room is really shining through in this years NFL combine. Way to Go Big Red! Representing the program in a big way. Marcel Jones and his 13 reps (lowest of all offensive linemen) really demonstrates why he was such a piss poor player here.

He was hurt half of his career. I wouldn't say he is a representation of the entire team.

No, and I don't necessarily think he represents the entire team either. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who hit the weights hard. Plenty of players have a the commitment to excellence that is needed to be great. It starts in the weight room and Marcel has demonstrated his lack of commitment. That reflects on him alone at the combine. The problem is, there will be a Big Red "N" beside his name for the rest of his life, and like it or not, a lot of people will see his failures as a reflection on the program. It's just the way it is.

In the end, it's his future, not mine. If he doesn't care enough to work hard for what he wants, then hell, what do I care. It's just too bad he's dragging that "N" along beside him as he does 13 reps. I can rep 225 13 times and I'm only 6 foot 3 215 pounds, haven't played football since high school, have never had a nutrition expert, training table, and one of the greatest weight facilities in the country just given to me for free use whenever I choose. I can also down a six pack Bud light in a very short time too. So yea, I'm pretty impressed with that.

Bench is not that useful of an indicator IMO. They should get rid of it. Jones has had back issues for how many years? Can't workout with back issues.

When you're an offensive lineman, and 2 quarterbacks can do more bench reps than you, it's a useful indicator of, well, something.

That our pipeline is currently the same state as the Keystone one? Non-existent.

Sad when our starter lacks that much strength. His overall combine was pretty bad. Saw another site break down all of his combine stats and he was sadly towards the bottom, if not last, in all categories.

Shows that our "best" appear to be a long way off. At least the staff appears to know this and has some young kids in the wings.

Didn't we have another offensive lineman within the last couple years that performed horribly at the NFL combine? I generally think the strength and conditioning guys do a really good job, but something seems to be terribly amiss with our offensive linemen in that department. I know Cotton is the scapegoat with anything offensive line related, but there might be more to it.

In the end, it's his future, not mine. If he doesn't care enough to work hard for what he wants, then hell, what do I care. It's just too bad he's dragging that "N" along beside him as he does 13 reps. I can rep 225 13 times and I'm only 6 foot 3 215 pounds, haven't played football since high school, have never had a nutrition expert, training table, and one of the greatest weight facilities in the country just given to me for free use whenever I choose. I can also down a six pack Bud light in a very short time too. So yea, I'm pretty impressed with that.

Words cannot express how impressive you are. It is a shame you never played for Nebraska Uncle Rico.

DID YOU KNOW, that the Packard Caribbean had torsion bar suspension?

I did just look up Marcel's injury history and only find it stated that he suffered from a back injury. I can't find exactly what type of back injury it was, but most back injuries are hell to deal with and can certainly limit your time in the weight room so depending on the severity of the injury it could be a pretty good reason why he is struggling with the bench. I've never really had to deal with a bad back injury but I've seen plenty of them to know that it can damn near cripple you. If the back injury is bothering him that bad I don't know if any teams would even take a chance on him. Sometimes those back injuries linger for a lifetime.