DT Eddie Vanderdoes [UCLA Transfer]

Player: Eddie Vanderdoes

Hometown: Placer, CA

School: Auburn

Position: DT

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 285

40 time:

Offers: Arizona State, Boise State, California, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, Notre Dame, Oregon State, Penn State, San Jose State, UCLA, Washington, Washington State

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

USC is pushing hard for this kid. I dunno this tactic seems sort of lame IMO...how about selling your university and football program. If this kid is not a prima donna (and doesn't appear he is) than this type of thing can backfire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/usc-gives-eddie-vanderdoes-top-prospect-documentary-treatment-205746232.html

Hope he gives Nebraska a strong look...I'd be good with that.

I can see him going to Cal.

Or Mich.

Nah, either Cal or USC. He has interest in Nebraska, Michigan, and tOSU but it's too hard to pull a highly rated kid from Cali away from the West Coast.

Or Mich.

Possibly but bloodlines run thick for Cal.

To much talent to go to CAL!

Or Mich.

Possibly but bloodlines run thick for Cal.

To much talent to go to CAL!

And yet every single year they'll pull in a guy or two that will having people say what you just posted.

He's taking officials to Nebraska, Penn State, and Oregon... the other 2 will be decided later. He has great relationships with coaches at all 3 schools. Said more about Penn State than the others and really all he had to say about Oregon is that the campus is nice and the facilities are amazing. He does like one of their coaches a lot, but basically his favorite thing about Oregon are their facilities.

A recruit likes Oregon just because of the facilities/uniforms.........shocking.

Heard he was kicking a$$ at camp in Oregon. Too bad we can't him to commit to us.

Heard he was kicking a$$ at camp in Oregon. Too bad we can't him to commit to us.

holy crap this is by far the #1 defensive lineman in the nation. his first step and combination of speed and power is amazing. watch him completely blow up queensberry at the end of this video

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1195332.html

holy crap this is by far the #1 defensive lineman in the nation. his first step and combination of speed and power is amazing. watch him completely blow up queensberry at the end of this video

http://recruiting.sc.../2/1195332.html

OMFG! That dude is a beast :o

http://recruiting.sc.../2/1195332.html

OMFG! That dude is a beast :o

This guy is a beast! Who ever ends up with this guy is getting one heck of a player.

Didn't Westerkamp or Banderas try talking to this kid?! It seems that we've been recruiting him hard...I hope we land this monster of an athlete.

banderas said he was the main guy he wanted to talk to and try to recruit at the 5 star challenge that I believe is next week.

banderas said he was the main guy he wanted to talk to and try to recruit at the 5 star challenge that I believe is next week.

Hope he makes a good impression. Vanderdoes is a monster and would be an awesome addition.

Quickest moves with his hands I've seen on a HS kid. Would like to see him use his leverage a bit more.

has very high interest in nebraska

Funny that we won't even get a visit now.

has very high interest in nebraska

Funny that we won't even get a visit now.

What? Link how did you hear this?

He will either end up at Oregon or uSC. If we do score a visit it would be a miracle.

He will either end up at Oregon or uSC. If we do score a visit it would be a miracle.

Bet you he goes to Oregon and I will also bet you he will cancel a vist to Nebraska at the last possible moment.

Bet you he goes to Oregon and I will also bet you he will cancel a vist to Nebraska at the last possible moment.

You just freaked becase you couldn't believe he might have lost interest and may not be visiting. 20 minutes later he is committing elsewhere and will schedule and then cancel a visit. Where in the hell does this stuff come from?

• Upvote 1

He will be giving us an official this fall. Get him here and you just never know.

"Nebraska is another great program, they have a great reputation of academics, I'm building a great relationship with the coaching staff there, there facilities are right up there with the best in the country and when you go to Nebraska, you know you're going to win."

Named his top 15, in alphabetical order:

Alabama, Baylor, California, Florida, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oregon, Penn State, UCLA, USC and Washington.

Plans on trimming it down to 10 soon. Eddie has over 40 offers at the moment, quite impressive.

Alabama, Baylor, California, Florida, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oregon, Penn State, UCLA, USC and Washington.

Plans on trimming it down to 10 soon. Eddie has over 40 offers at the moment, quite impressive.

Who has more offers Pagono or Vanderdoes?

Who has more offers Pagono or Vanderdoes?

Pagano

This kid is Oregon all the way, with USC pushing hard.

Kid is too much of a defensive talent to waste at Oregon.

Maybe, but I would not count on USC being a defensive Juggernaut. I said it before and I will say it again, Monte Kiffen and the college game are not a good mix. College is simply not like the NFL.

First off, on 3rd and short, teams run the ball. You get tons of trick plays, weird usages of formations, patterns that tend to not make "sense". Kiffen calling the defense is like Weiss calling the offense for ND. To much butter, not enough bread.

At Nebraska we are unable to get recruits like this. Knowing us, we will likely end up with his less talented cousin, Eidde Vanderdoesn't.