SIGNED OT Zach Hannon

Warrior10

Would you like to say anything to the Nebraska fans?

"Just know that everything that the fans have told us through the websites and boards, I appreciate it all a lot. I read that stuff everyday and I appreciate the support. I honestly believe Nebraska has the best fans in the country."

http://nebraska.riva...asp?CID=1471797

But recruits don't read this board. That's just asinine. We can trash talk any recruit we want and bash every coach and it won't have any impact on how the players view Nebraska because they'll never see it anyways.

"Just know that everything that the fans have told us through the websites and boards, I appreciate it all a lot. I read that stuff everyday and I appreciate the support. I honestly believe Nebraska has the best fans in the country."

But recruits don't read this board. That's just asinine. We can trash talk any recruit we want and bash every coach and it won't have any impact on how the players view Nebraska because they'll never see it anyways.

When we bash a recruit or coach it's for a reason. We are very good fans for the most part. You've got to be kidding if you think everything said on a public message board has to be positive or else not posted. That defeats the purpose of a message board. The difference is we will criticize kids on here if they make a stupid choice, or if we are talking about there strengths/weaknesses, whereas a lot of other boards will say they hope the kid gets in a car accident, breaks his leg, gets cancer etc. I read lots and lots of other boards. We are one of the best.

When we bash a recruit or coach it's for a reason. We are very good fans for the most part. You've got to be kidding if you think everything said on a public message board has to be positive or else not posted. That defeats the purpose of a message board. The difference is we will criticize kids on here if they make a stupid choice, or if we are talking about there strengths/weaknesses, whereas a lot of other boards will say they hope the kid gets in a car accident, breaks his leg, gets cancer etc. I read lots and lots of other boards. We are one of the best.

I realize. But some members have done what you just mentioned, and then tried to blow it off as 'Oh, it's not like they read these things anyways'. That's all I'm saying. I know not everything can be positive, but we tend to take it to an extreme sometimes too.

Especially now that Hedley has been gone.

I agree with this 100%. I've been to numerous boards for other teams, sports, and etc. I'm sorry, but anything including Husker fans is always one of the few and proud containing logical and significant discussion. And yes, even when we are bashing coaches and players, there's always logical reasoning behind it. This board is top notch in that aspect.