SIGNED OT Zach Hannon

Warrior10

visited arky last week, KSU Friday, Nebraska on the 16th and the Mizzou again next weekend. He has been to MU and NE most often. You guys say this is the 3rd time for NE, including practices I think this will be the 5th or 6th time on Mu's campus.

Seems to be coming down to mu and ne

i think we have the slight edge and his boy MR is sure helping our cause... but no doubt Missouri is sure in there... moving to the SEC has really helped their recruiting and would present a great oppurtunity for kids committing to them... now once they get to the SEC it might be another story.....

i think we have the slight edge and his boy MR is sure helping our cause... but no doubt Missouri is sure in there... moving to the SEC has really helped their recruiting and would present a great oppurtunity for kids committing to them... now once they get to the SEC it might be another story.....

Could be, but if they continue to win 8-10 games a year, then it should only get better and our normally top 30 classes will be top 15.

And about Hannon, I know that Hannon is friends with MR, but he has alot of friends at Mizzou. Including good friends who are commited in this same class. Not too mention that he is great friends with Jamone Boyd (3 star DE) and the two have mentioned they are strongly considering playing together. Boyd to my knowledge doesnt hold a NE offer, but does from Arky, KSU and Mizzou. Not to mention both of his parents, not to mention that he is interested in Journalism (and its freaking Mizzou), not to mention its the home state, not to mention a number of other "clues" or things in our favor....

Basically what I am saying is people will see what they will as too why their team will have an advantage. I can give more reasons for him to pick MU over ne than you can for him to pick ne. But that really doesnt mean squat. Does he want to get away? does MU having 4 OL commits already scare him? does he just like it better? If there is one thing one learns in following recruiting is that what you think makes sense, or should happen rarely does. ;):)

At this point I think all we know, is he has a top 4 and he is visiting those schools. :thumbs

"This was my third time visiting Nebraska," Hannon said. "I've pretty much seen everything before, but I'd say what stood out to me today was just being more comfortable around all of the players and all of the guys that have committed in my class. I just feel really good. If anything, I'll tell you what, Nebraska moved up to one of the top spots on my list today.

No need to freak out over this, he has been really adamit about seeing all his schools and then making a decision once and being done with the whole process, he just wants to see whats out there. I still feel he is ours to lose, but im sure Mizzou fans feel the same way. I would bet on a decision shortly after that Wisconsin visit.

Could be, but if they continue to win 8-10 games a year, then it should only get better and our normally top 30 classes will be top 15.

And about Hannon, I know that Hannon is friends with MR, but he has alot of friends at Mizzou. Including good friends who are commited in this same class. Not too mention that he is great friends with Jamone Boyd (3 star DE) and the two have mentioned they are strongly considering playing together. Boyd to my knowledge doesnt hold a NE offer, but does from Arky, KSU and Mizzou. Not to mention both of his parents, not to mention that he is interested in Journalism (and its freaking Mizzou), not to mention its the home state, not to mention a number of other "clues" or things in our favor....

Basically what I am saying is people will see what they will as too why their team will have an advantage. I can give more reasons for him to pick MU over ne than you can for him to pick ne. But that really doesnt mean squat. Does he want to get away? does MU having 4 OL commits already scare him? does he just like it better? If there is one thing one learns in following recruiting is that what you think makes sense, or should happen rarely does. ;):)

At this point I think all we know, is he has a top 4 and he is visiting those schools. :thumbs

If MU wins 8-10 games next year I'll be very shocked. I can see them eventually winning that many but it will be a once ever 5-6 years kind of deal.

If MU wins 8-10 games next year I'll be very shocked. I can see them eventually winning that many but it will be a once ever 5-6 years kind of deal.

Not trying to hijack the thread here but,

My question would be this then, how many games do you see them winning normally? And I am guessing that you believe that the SEC is just clearly that much tougher than any other conference.

I only ask because you said you see them winning that many once every 5-6 years. Mizzou has won that many or more every year for the last 6 seasons and 8 was recently the low mark only on the 3 seasons where they started a new QB who was a true Soph. They have increased the talent they have taken every year and the depth has improved leaps since the start of that run.

Also I am assuming that you believe that if NE was in the SEC they also would be a 5-6-7 win team and once every 5-6 years reach 8-10 wins?

My question would be this then, how many games do you see them winning normally? And I am guessing that you believe that the SEC is just clearly that much tougher than any other conference.

I only ask because you said you see them winning that many once every 5-6 years. Mizzou has won that many or more every year for the last 6 seasons and 8 was the low mark only on the 2 seasons where they started a new QB who was a true Soph. They have increased the talent they have taken every year and the depth has improved leaps since the start of that run.

Also I am assuming that you believe that if NE was in the SEC they also would be a 5-6-7 win team and once every 5-6 years reach 8-10 wins?

We'll find out soon enough. I think Pinkel's teams will struggle in the SEC. (So would Pelini's.) I just have trouble seeing them competing with the upper tier of the SEC. I'm trying to look at it objectively . . . but a team that never seriously contended for the Big 12 title will probably struggle against the elite SEC teams.

I only ask because you said you see them winning that many once every 5-6 years. Mizzou has won that many or more every year for the last 6 seasons and 8 was the low mark only on the 2 seasons where they started a new QB who was a true Soph. They have increased the talent they have taken every year and the depth has improved leaps since the start of that run.

We'll find out soon enough. I think Pinkel's teams will struggle in the SEC. (So would Pelini's.) I just have trouble seeing them competing with the upper tier of the SEC. I'm trying to look at it objectively . . . but a team that never seriously contended for the Big 12 title will probably struggle against the elite SEC teams.

To say never seriously contended is a bit of a stretch...

And frankly 8 wins is very achievable with a 4-4, 5-3 conference record. Thats not really competing with the upper tier. infact saying they might compete upper tier once every 5-6 years is quite different then saying they might get to 8 wins every 5-6 years.

GP might struggle, who knows. He is 9-2 agasint SEC teams while at Mizzou. Listen, I think Mizzou will be what they were. A decent to good team. That every once in a while has the right mix and makes a run at something a little more.

but anyway :backtotopic