QB Aaron Bailey [Illinois Commit]

Player: Aaron Bailey

Hometown: Bolingbrook, IL

School: Bolingbrook

Position: QB (Dual-Threat)

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 210

40 time: 4.4

Offers: Boston College, Colorado State, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue

fBGJM.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

I like him. Although I'd like to have seen more throws, he runs the option extremely well. He'd fit well in Beck's O.

A lot of predeterimined reads. Didn't read the end or the outside backer well at all throughout the tape.

A lot of predeterimined reads. Didn't read the end or the outside backer well at all throughout the tape.

Seems like he would be able run our offense then.

• Upvote 2

Seems like he would be able run our offense then.

Tmart got to a point last season where he could run the option at a good level. There were plays that I'd even say Great.

• Upvote 2

one of the things about tmart that bugs me is that he has no wiggle to him. Straight line speed is great but when he is one on one with a guy he cant shake him

straight line speed is worthless in football. hes not even that fast, he got caught from behind plenty last year.

There's plenty to critcize TM over, but to say he is not fast is loony. He was caught from behind more last year because he was looking for lead blocks unlike his frshman year when he was under the radar and not such a target.

straight line speed is worthless in football. hes not even that fast, he got caught from behind plenty last year.

There's plenty to critcize TM over, but to say he is not fast is loony. He was caught from behind more last year because he was looking for lead blocks unlike his frshman year when he was under the radar and not such a target.

I'd say Aaron is a lot more shifty than Taylor, but when he rolls out you know exactly what he's thinking. He never has any intention of pitching.

he is very fast we know that you dont rush for 242 yards in a game without having some speed but like i said i would love to get a quarterback that can pass better and can also run with some wiggle to him. I think tommy armstrong was a great pick up now we just need to add depth

aaron has now moved to the top of the board for nebraska with malik committing to notre dame. he will be making an unofficial to Lincoln in the next few weeks...hope we can get him in for the Red-White game....where this goes is anyone's guess...but we are in the picture... john garrison is his recruiter.

aaron has now moved to the top of the board for nebraska with malik committing to notre dame. he will be making an unofficial to Lincoln in the next few weeks...hope we can get him in for the Red-White game....where this goes is anyone's guess...but we are in the picture... john garrison is his recruiter.

I agree! He is a very good talent and we could definitely use him to help build some depth at the QB position. Depth breeds success.

I agree! He is a very good talent and we could definitely use him to help build some depth at the QB position. Depth breeds success.

We need to keep pushing for him. Although I haven't seen much of him throwing, I liked Malik's throwing, but I think Aaron is a more physical runner.

PAWNED :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Bailey in a Nebraska uniform but his film is underwhelming to me. He is much more of a project QB than Tommy Armstrong and Malik. Might not be a bad thing though. With Taylor around for another year and two seemingly capable backups behind him, the timing might be very good for Bailey.

Looks like he has some talent to me. Nice size too. Here's a decent little BRR article: LINK

I think he has talent as well. I'd feel comfortable letting him come and learn our offense and developing. It's all about building quality depth, that's if he wants N of course.

Edit: Any QB we take this year has, SkerChi mentioned, has roster distribution on their side.

This is our guy. Ohio State has theirs (Barrett), Notre Dame has theirs (Zaire), this kid is the next in line for a throne... we have the best kingdom available to rule. He's a strong Christian kid, looking for a good FCA program (Ron Brown leads FCA, leads the entire collegiate FCA). He'd be playing with A. Green, I. Cross, etc. He's gonna come visit and see the FCA program, the facilities, the opportunity to play with Martinez having only 1 year with him, a system that fits him perfectly, a clean run program that straight shoots. He's gonna fall in love.

Mark my words. We land this guy as our QB.

This is our guy. Ohio State has theirs (Barrett), Notre Dame has theirs (Zaire), this kid is the next in line for a throne... we have the best kingdom available to rule. He's a strong Christian kid, looking for a good FCA program (Ron Brown leads FCA, leads the entire collegiate FCA). He'd be playing with A. Green, I. Cross, etc. He's gonna come visit and see the FCA program, the facilities, the opportunity to play with Martinez having only 1 year with him, a system that fits him perfectly, a clean run program that straight shoots. He's gonna fall in love.

Will you buy us all tacos if he doesn't :lol:

Forget tacos, how about some beer. :wasted

I'm down with that. :cheers

DID SOMEONE SAY BEER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Upvote 1

visited wisconsin today and updated his top 3. i still really like our chances with him. cant wait to see what he has to say after the spring game.

PAWNED :facepalm:

I spy two guys who read Huskermax ;)

Enjoyed his visit and it helped move Nebraska into the fray with his previous 4 top schools (NW, IL, Wisc, and OSU).

With NW taking a QB this weekend and Ohio St wanting to see him in person before getting an offer... it looks like it will be:

Nebraska, Illinois, and Wisconsin vying for his commitment at the moment.

I hope we lock him down.

"My trip moved Nebraska to the top," Bailey proclaimed. "A lot of people have been asking about my top schools, but I had to see how Nebraska was first. They have definitely moved to the top."

• Upvote 1

Dual-threat quarterback Aaron Bailey — the Chicago-area talent who amassed more than 3,000 total yards and 40 touchdowns as a junior — made the trip with his father and was impressed.

"We got to meet with Coach Bo (Pelini), Coach (Tim) Beck and other coaches," Bailey told 247Sports. "My dad and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, and we didn't want to leave. We were just talking and laughing and it was beyond football for a while, then we started talking football."

The No. 72 player in the country according to 247Sports is even more important for the Huskers after quarterback target Matt Alviti committed to Northwestern on Saturday. Bailey said he is done taking visits until a planned summer trip to Ohio State, but will make return visits to his favorite schools later in the year.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120415/BIGRED/704159838#rain-didn-t-dampen-visitors-interest

"Friday I hung out with (quarterback) Aaron Bailey and talked to him just about some questions he had," Banderas said. "I talked to him about being home sick and told him there's always a place where you find some type of home. He enjoyed the stadium too. I told him about some of the traditions and stuff like that.

i hope JB is taking lessons from MR on how to carry the torch on player recruitment... but atleast it seems like they talked about some important stuff like missing home and the concept of home is where you find it!

maybe JB is setting up to be a life coach..... CAMP JOSH

i hope JB is taking lessons from MR on how to carry the torch on player recruitment... but atleast it seems like they talked about some important stuff like missing home and the concept of home is where you find it!

maybe JB is setting up to be a life coach..... CAMP JOSH

I was just about to post that buddy, JB is this years Michael Rose. He is going to help this recruiting class out alot.

source on huskermax says bailey is down to us and ohio state and he has to visit ohio state to get an offer. he believes we look good for bailey. also went on to say natter will be the next N.

• Upvote 1

source on huskermax says bailey is down to us and ohio state and he has to visit ohio state to get an offer. he believes we look good for bailey. also went on to say natter will be the next N.

Sources....

Sources....

There's your "source" :LOLtartar

But all indications are pointing to Natter committing soon, possibly tonight during his scheduled interviews.

yeah redreign on huskermax has proven to be one of the most reliable sources there are when it comes to nebraska recruiting

Boy that would be nice! KOOOL AAIIID!!!!! :leghump:

"source" was right on Natter, hoping he can go 2 for 2.

yeah redreign on huskermax has proven to be one of the most reliable sources there are when it comes to nebraska recruiting

You do realize he gets most of his info from Huskersonline, and HB? I've seen him post stuff that either myself or another poster (PaulCrewe, jsneb, corncraze, Nexus) just posted.

You do realize he gets most of his info from Huskersonline, and HB? I've seen him post stuff that either myself or another poster (PaulCrewe, jsneb, corncraze, Nexus) just posted.

Yep, i love the people that are popular on free sites because they pay to get the info first and then spread it like they have an inside source.

Yep, i love the people that are popular on free sites because they pay to get the info first and then spread it like they have an inside source.

That may be annoying but I also think it's one of the biggest draws to a free site. Why pay when you can rely on another's vanity?

Any guess on what a 17-year-old kid is going to do is as good as another. The value of this board and others is the free compilation of information by posters who are willing to spend the time and/or money to gather it.

And if ya really want to go out on a limb with calling a guy N, pretty sure I saw Natter would be in about 2 months ago right after junior days. Believe the post even said the spring visit would be when it happened. That mofo was some kind of prophet or just really effing lucky. Probably the latter.

yea that is why I sometimes quote him and repost him on here because he is respected among alot of people because of his background of having alot of knowledge on husker recruiting.