Sipple: Pelini says no to 'yes men'

And, I am pretty damn sure that's why I put at a PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA. Be cause we are not and never will be Texas, Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Florida Florida st. Miami, USC, UCLA, just to name a few. We are and always have been unique and when we tried to act like these other schools we lost tradition respect and alot of other things that makes Nebraska who we are.

That's always the argument people attempt to make when justifying things at Nebraska. "We're not like everyone else" - yada yada yada. At the end of the day we have an offense that is copying half of college football....so we must be trying to be like everyone else in at least 1/2 the game of football.

We've been turning over assistants, head coaches, and staff every 3-4 years. So we must be like everyone else there as well. The coaches we are hiring aren't exactly from Lincoln/Omaha or western Nebraska, they are from the southeast, or Ohio, or Maryland - which doesn't exactly make them unique to Nebraska either.

You're right, we aren't like everyone else...just everything about college football is like us. Why do you think Nebraska is so unique in regards to staff turnover? What have we done in the last 15 years that would make you feel that way? Is there any team in college football like that? Good luck finding one. You won't see one here any time soon I'd put money on that. So we need to embrace it for what it is, and use it to our advantage instead of trying to swim against the current all the time.

Wat?

See, this is again you having already formed an opposing opinion to my posts and therefor just hearing what you want to hear. :P

EDIT: and do you see our offense having a clear identity? IF you're going to respond at least put forth something that is based on thought

Oh God.... I don't disagree with your post, but that line was a wtf moment.

But seriously, our offense resembles nobody I can think of. We use Pistol, I-Form, Shotgun, and I even think I saw a pro set. We run load, speed, triple, and zone read options. I can't think of any other team that does that.

yep, we be multiple.........oh boy

And, I am pretty damn sure that's why I put at a PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA. Be cause we are not and never will be Texas, Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Florida Florida st. Miami, USC, UCLA, just to name a few. We are and always have been unique and when we tried to act like these other schools we lost tradition respect and alot of other things that makes Nebraska who we are.

That's always the argument people attempt to make when justifying things at Nebraska. "We're not like everyone else" - yada yada yada. At the end of the day we have an offense that is copying half of college football....so we must be trying to be like everyone else in at least 1/2 the game of football.

We've been turning over assistants, head coaches, and staff every 3-4 years. So we must be like everyone else there as well. The coaches we are hiring aren't exactly from Lincoln/Omaha or western Nebraska, they are from the southeast, or Ohio, or Maryland - which doesn't exactly make them unique to Nebraska either.

You're right, we aren't like everyone else...just everything about college football is like us. Why do you think Nebraska is so unique in regards to staff turnover? What have we done in the last 15 years that would make you feel that way? Is there any team in college football like that? Good luck finding one. You won't see one here any time soon I'd put money on that. So we need to embrace it for what it is, and use it to our advantage instead of trying to swim against the current all the time.

Wat?

See, this is again you having already formed an opposing opinion to my posts and therefor just hearing what you want to hear. :P

EDIT: and do you see our offense having a clear identity? IF you're going to respond at least put forth something that is based on thought

But seriously, our offense resembles nobody I can think of. We use Pistol, I-Form, Shotgun, and I even think I saw a pro set. We run load, speed, triple, and zone read options. I can't think of any other team that does that.

Exactly, we copy half of college football :) Don't forget the diamond formation we stole from Oklahoma, or the Wildcat we got from wherever...and the spread we took from the Big12....

Exactly, we copy half of college football :) Don't forget the diamond formation we stole from Oklahoma, or the Wildcat we got from wherever...and the spread we took from the Big12....

Oh I see. You're saying our offense has ideas from a bunch of other teams, not that bunch of other teams run our offense. I'd somewhat agree with that. But there's still not many, if any, teams that run a true option (not ZR). We got the diamond idea from Holgerson, and the wildcat has been used for over a decade by just about anyone. We didn't really even use the true wildcat like most teams do last year. As for the "spread" that's an extremely vague term. Spread isn't an offense, it's a concept. You put 3-4 WR's on the field, far from the snap, and spread out the defense. There's a buttload of actual offenses fit under that term. But I'm sure you knew that.