O8n7o.png

Player: Terrell Newby

Hometown: West Hills, CA

School: Chaminade College Prep

Position: RB

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 185

40 time:

Offers: Arizona State, Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, Washington State

KpJOj.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

Catches the ball on a screen ... novel idea.

Yeah, everyone KNOWS the offensive player actually has very little to do with the screen pass. THIS is how you run it to perfection.. just ask Shawn Watson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGmQrJp6bsE&feature=related

Please fast forward to the 12 minute mark and enjoy a clinic on how to run the screen pass.

We are pushing hard for this kid. He didn't make it to spring game due to weather cancelling his flight, but is set to visit this summer. However, I think he stays close to home. His verbage indicates he will go to Cal... it has been his dream school since he was a little kid and he just got an offer. Has visited them multiple times.

So a helpful key to the Newby "sweepstakes" has gone NU's way. There had been three other schools other than DONU that Terrell had always talked about. USC, Oregon and Cal. USC has their two RBs for the class and with their scholly situation were never a huge player, as much as Terrell wanted them to be. Tonight, Oregon received a commitment from the #2 ranked RB Dontre Wilson, a stud out of DeSoto Texas. They also have a commitment from Thomas Tyner, a crazy good RB.

So, as gkf CORRECTLY hinted at the final piece of the puzzle is Cal, who already has a RB commit. The Big Red Weekend is going to be huge in the chances of NU snagging the kid.

Did we make his top 5?

Diffrent person that was a LB with the last name Newby (Marcus Newby).

Did we make his top 5?

Thats marcus newby that we made his top 5. he is a 4 star stud LB out of maryland. He is a bigger prospect that terrell newby but that doesnt mean we dont need him too after losing aaron green. We are in the core group of schools for both of the newbys :)

Did we make his top 5?

Thats marcus newby that we made his top 5. he is a 4 star stud LB out of maryland. He is a bigger prospect that terrell newby but that doesnt mean we dont need him too after losing aaron green. We are in the core group of schools for both of the newbys :)

For Terrell are only threat now is CAL. Oregon has 2 great RBs. USC Also has 2 studs as well.

Did we make his top 5?

For Terrell are only threat now is CAL. Oregon has 2 great RBs. USC Also has 2 studs as well.

Ya that was just stated 4 posts ago...

Did we make his top 5?

Ya that was just stated 4 posts ago...

Not really....

He's listed to attend Big Red Day. Hopefully our current commits can get in his ear and we sell ourselves well. As has been noted both USC and Oregon have two rb's. Also, Cal has a 4* committed. Could really help our case.

According to a tweet on his 247 profile he is going to commit this week. Top three are N, cal and Oregon he is going to choose one of the three.

some good choices... should be interested to see if he does actually plan on committ this week... personally i dont know how much the commits from other schools will affect this choice..... could be anyones guess right now.....

According to a tweet on his 247 profile he is going to commit this week. Top three are N, cal and Oregon he is going to choose one of the three.

Already been said. Oregon scares me but they have two RBs alreay commited. Cal has one commited as well. We have no one and not much depth.

I have a baaaaaaaddddd feeling it's going to be Cal.

Looks like its going to be Cal then, doubt he would commit without visiting. Wish he would wait and see what we have to offer first, but it looks like hes getting antsy and is going to jump on at Cal before someone else does, highly doubt he would come to BRW after committing but you just never know with some of these kids.

Consider him a lock to Cal. What I do not understand though, is why the staff hasn't evaluated and offered more running backs in the past couple of weeks. You'd think if Terrell was their top guy and they have been informed they lost out, we'd see some new offers go out this week but no.

rumor is that he is not going to be attending our jr day anymore bc he is going to commit to da bears. But i still wanna wait and see.

rumor is that he is not going to be attending our jr day anymore bc he is going to commit to da bears. But i still wanna wait and see.

That was just a rumor that i started :wasted

Looks like its going to be Cal then, doubt he would commit without visiting. Wish he would wait and see what we have to offer first, but it looks like hes getting antsy and is going to jump on at Cal before someone else does, highly doubt he would come to BRW after committing but you just never know with some of these kids.

This is what I have heard: He had decided that he was tired of the recruiting process, so he was going to make his decision this week. He then said that if he didn't pick Nebraska, that he would not be coming to Big Red Day, and since he hadn't booked his tickets to come here it was a safe guess to say that he wasn't picking Nebraska. However, he was still planning on taking all five of his officials this fall, Nebraska being one of them. However, Rich Fish quickly got a hold of him and told him that he really should take a look around before he makes his decision. So he has decided not to make his decsion right now and from everything that I have heard, he will be here for Big Red Day.

• Upvote 1

This is what I have heard: He had decided that he was tired of the recruiting process, so he was going to make his decision this week. He then said that if he didn't pick Nebraska, that he would not be coming to Big Red Day, and since he hadn't booked his tickets to come here it was a safe guess to say that he wasn't picking Nebraska. However, he was still planning on taking all five of his officials this fall, Nebraska being one of them. However, Rich Fish quickly got a hold of him and told him that he really should take a look around before he makes his decision. So he has decided not to make his decsion right now and from everything that I have heard, he will be here for Big Red Day.

That a boy Fish! :clap

That a boy Fish! :clap

Jury is definitely still out on Fish but have to give him kudos on keeping us in this.

REALLY impressed people at the nike air strike camp. love how they noted he will be bumped up in the rankings

bullet.gif RB Terrell Newby, West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade Newby has not been seen at many camps or 7-on-7 events this offseason, so we were surprised to see just how dominant he was in Saturday's action. Once he catches the ball out of the backfield, the three-star is gone and even fast players have a tough time tracking him down. The Chaminade running back is one prospect who has a good chance to significantly move up the rankings the next time around. He's that talented.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1373832&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Big time progress made here.

Did he say anything do you have a link?

I don't do links :)

But you are still AWESOME in this guys book

But you are still AWESOME in this guys book

Decked sounds like one from the Maxer crowd. Link please. I need a link.

"The visit has given me a lot to think about," Newby said. "It's all definitely eye opening to me. What was important to me was getting to actually see it in person. That's the biggest thing that Nebraska has to offer, is just Lincoln, the football facilities, the campus and seeing it for yourself. I really like what they are doing over here so it's going to be a tough decision for me."

Dad also came on the visit and loved it. He had all of his questions answered.

"Now I just have to assess everything," Newby said. "Right now I'm uncertain about when I'll make a decision. Nebraska has just given me a lot to think about."

Agreed, I think we locked him up.

I still think he goes to Cal. Yes he was blown away by Nebraska. But in the end, once the emotions/feelings from the weekend wear off, once he gets home and remembers Cali is his home he's going to want to stick with Cal in the end. He won't leave his comfort zone to go to the distance of NU. I think we absolutely have him commit if we were closer to home but in the end I think his emotions sway him the other way and he stays home.

Anything on him lately? He was looking to commit somewhere pretty quickly until Fish convinced him to wait until he could visit for BRW and it's been silence since.

Anything on him lately? He was looking to commit somewhere pretty quickly until Fish convinced him to wait until he could visit for BRW and it's been silence since.

He's re-evaluating and re-thinking his decision. He said he was going to think over some things... I don't know how long he needs to think it over though. My thought is the longer he waits to commit to Cal, the better it looks for us.

i wonder if it was his dad that filmed the whole academic presentation on his IPAD to show everyone back home how impressive Nebraska was and to show others how its done!!

but lets not forget oregon... cant count them out too

Some news that may impact our ability to land Newby...

DJ Maritn, Cal's only RB commit, has decided to open up his recruitment. It sorta sounds like Cal was the one who initiated the separation.

Will make an official visit during the idaho state game because his HS team has a bye week, wanted to come to the wisky game. The coaches have talked to him every single day, one way or another, since BRW. Will be bringing his parents, possibly Dashon Hunt.