SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

Not only do we want both, we NEED both....

Terrell is a special back. Has the shiftiness needed to run inside through the cutback lanes and the speed to hit the corners. When I look back I remember Roy Helu's ability to see the lanes and make the sidestep... I think Taylor has this also but having both in the backfield would be awesome..

As for Priest Wilis, I agree that he's as important... I personally think if we can land Bradley, Willis, Newby and Branden Vandenburg along with Walker and/or Clark at wide receiver then we can all admit this would be Bo's best class.

Edit: I also believe Maliek Collins is ours to lose and might be the most underrated DT out there. This kid is extremely athletic.

Please don't misread this, but I really don't think that Newby and Priest are "needs". Yes, they are both incredible players that would step foot on campus and instantly make the team better (maybe not by contributing right away, but by competition). However, RB and DB are two of the deepest positions on the team and I do not see the team hurting next year without these two. Players that we need would be Ben Bradley and/or Toby Johnson. Again, please don't misread this and think that I do not want either of these two guys, I think it would be incredible to land both of these great talents.

The confusing part of this recruiting cycle is both of these guys are big time recruits that we are still in it with BUT they are both positions of strength for us right now...the positions we are the weakest and thinnest in are where we are struggling recruiting top kids, tough to figure

Not only do we want both, we NEED both....

Terrell is a special back. Has the shiftiness needed to run inside through the cutback lanes and the speed to hit the corners. When I look back I remember Roy Helu's ability to see the lanes and make the sidestep... I think Taylor has this also but having both in the backfield would be awesome..

As for Priest Wilis, I agree that he's as important... I personally think if we can land Bradley, Willis, Newby and Branden Vandenburg along with Walker and/or Clark at wide receiver then we can all admit this would be Bo's best class.

Edit: I also believe Maliek Collins is ours to lose and might be the most underrated DT out there. This kid is extremely athletic.

Please don't misread this, but I really don't think that Newby and Priest are "needs". Yes, they are both incredible players that would step foot on campus and instantly make the team better (maybe not by contributing right away, but by competition). However, RB and DB are two of the deepest positions on the team and I do not see the team hurting next year without these two. Players that we need would be Ben Bradley and/or Toby Johnson. Again, please don't misread this and think that I do not want either of these two guys, I think it would be incredible to land both of these great talents.

Can people please stop trying to make this argument! First you say they aren't "needed" then you say they instantly step on campus and make the team better. Those are exactly the type of players we want on this team! You don't build a great program by under recruiting an area of strength. If you have depth then that allows you to be picky an sign the one or two guys that can compete instantly at a given position. Our problem is we have been recruiting to positions of depth with signing projects that will be ready in 2-3 years just because we are solid at that position.

Unsteady we should be signing kids at our deepest positions that are on top of our want list and who can compete right away. Our failure to do this has lead to deficiencies at positions where we missed last minute on guys(A. Peat) or guys we got but haven't panned out(T.Peat). What does it say about Alabama that they missed out on Knievel. To me it says ok we have depth there so we can just take our top2 guys at that spot and Knievel can be a back up plan where as if we missed on him,some on this board wanted us to go get a Juco LT.

My point is this. Make depth a necessity and stop looking at it as a luxury! Depth allows Teams like UGa the ability to have. 360 lb behemoth to back up their starting NT. Lack of depth is why we are in bad shape on the Dline.

I hate people who do this but here I go! Look at what happened when we lost LP or Tommie Frazier. Quality depth was a necessity! sh#t, look at this years team at RB. I'm gonna go apesh#t if one more person tries to argue against "needing" players like T Newby or P Willis. Just cause we have holes at other position.

End Rant, GBR

~Jarvis

• Fire 2

lol... +1

Well sheeeet! People are just rationalizing to protect themselves from the possible disappointment of not singing these guys! "Well we didn't land Priest or Newby but they played positions where we are deep anyways."

Therapy session over. $250 please!

~Redwhine

I think a big part of our disagreement is semantics. I am not trying to "protect" myself from the possibility of being disappointed, I'm all in on both of these guys. They are #2 and 3 on my personal board. But a need, to me, is something that if we don't address and fill now, then it will be exposed in a big way next year. Like we need an instant contributor at DT. I absolutely agree that it is very important to build depth, but if we don't get these guys it wont be the end of our season. Before you can build depth, you need to make sure that there aren't any existing gaping holes. We can have the best secondary in the nation and have enough depth there to fill the Grand Canyon, but if our DL can't put any pressure and a QB, then it wont do us any good.

Arkansas is now in the mix. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported today that with Arkansas’ hiring of former Washington assistant coach Joel Thomas, Newby is now interested in the Razorbacks. The Democrat-Gazette quoted Newby as saying that Thomas had established a strong relationship with Newby’s parents, and that Newby’s parents “love” Thomas. The paper also quoted Newby as saying that he could see himself playing for Thomas.

He's considering taking an official with Arkansas.

Arkansas is now in the mix. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported today that with Arkansas’ hiring of former Washington assistant coach Joel Thomas, Newby is now interested in the Razorbacks. The Democrat-Gazette quoted Newby as saying that Thomas had established a strong relationship with Newby’s parents, and that Newby’s parents “love” Thomas. The paper also quoted Newby as saying that he could see himself playing for Thomas.

He's considering taking an official with Arkansas.

Thanks for the info. Not worried however. Newbys coach said he thought NU was in the lead with him and most importantly his parents. So think we are good, but anything can happen.

Since we let 4* Kaleb Blanchard go we don't have any RBs committed. We seem to be going after these guys the hardest

1. 4* Alex Collins http://rivals.yahoo....-Collins-130370

2. 5* Alabama commit Altee Tenpenny

3. Newby

4. 4* Auburn commit Jordan Wilkins http://rivals.yahoo....-Wilkins-130432

Im kinda worried what we'll do if we strike out on all 4...we are thin at RB right now with 2 of them graduating and one transferring, with knile davis going pro. Jonathan Williams is the only proven one we have coming back. Not sure if that will be a factor in these guys' recruitment or not. We won't be looking like what wisconsin did on offense so that pitch might not matter.

But then theres also a rumor michael dyer wants to walk on here so who knows :ahhhhhhhh

Since we let 4* Kaleb Blanchard go we don't have any RBs committed. We seem to be going after these guys the hardest

3. Newby

Im kinda worried what we'll do if we strike out on all 4...we are thin at RB right now with 2 of them graduating and one transferring, with knile davis going pro. Jonathan Williams is the only proven one we have coming back. Not sure if that will be a factor in these guys' recruitment or not. We won't be looking like what wisconsin did on offense so that pitch might not matter.

But then theres also a rumor michael dyer wants to walk on here so who knows :ahhhhhhhh

I think you guys are a bit too late to the party with Newby as well. Literally the only factor with him not committing to NU as it stands is distance from home. His parents feel very comfortable with Coach Pelini and that factor has subsided. UCLA is one of the only challengers for him. Don't believe he will go anywhere but NU or UCLA.

3. Newby

I think you guys are a bit too late to the party with Newby as well. Literally the only factor with him not committing to NU as it stands is distance from home. His parents feel very comfortable with Coach Pelini and that factor has subsided. UCLA is one of the only challengers for him. Don't believe he will go anywhere but NU or UCLA.

I read that Collins has a really good relationship with Bielema and that he is scheduled to visit Arky on 1/25. This could help us with Newby if Bielema can get Collins.

3. Newby

I read that Collins has a really good relationship with Bielema and that he is scheduled to visit Arky on 1/25. This could help us with Newby if Bielema can get Collins.

We just hired randy shannon as LB coach too so 3 coaches from that area probably helps. I'd be happy with just one.