SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

This is what I have heard: He had decided that he was tired of the recruiting process, so he was going to make his decision this week. He then said that if he didn't pick Nebraska, that he would not be coming to Big Red Day, and since he hadn't booked his tickets to come here it was a safe guess to say that he wasn't picking Nebraska. However, he was still planning on taking all five of his officials this fall, Nebraska being one of them. However, Rich Fish quickly got a hold of him and told him that he really should take a look around before he makes his decision. So he has decided not to make his decsion right now and from everything that I have heard, he will be here for Big Red Day.

• Fire 1

This is what I have heard: He had decided that he was tired of the recruiting process, so he was going to make his decision this week. He then said that if he didn't pick Nebraska, that he would not be coming to Big Red Day, and since he hadn't booked his tickets to come here it was a safe guess to say that he wasn't picking Nebraska. However, he was still planning on taking all five of his officials this fall, Nebraska being one of them. However, Rich Fish quickly got a hold of him and told him that he really should take a look around before he makes his decision. So he has decided not to make his decsion right now and from everything that I have heard, he will be here for Big Red Day.

That a boy Fish! :clap

That a boy Fish! :clap

Jury is definitely still out on Fish but have to give him kudos on keeping us in this.

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY impressed people at the nike air strike camp. love how they noted he will be bumped up in the rankings

bullet.gif RB Terrell Newby, West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade Newby has not been seen at many camps or 7-on-7 events this offseason, so we were surprised to see just how dominant he was in Saturday's action. Once he catches the ball out of the backfield, the three-star is gone and even fast players have a tough time tracking him down. The Chaminade running back is one prospect who has a good chance to significantly move up the rankings the next time around. He's that talented.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1373832&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"The visit has given me a lot to think about," Newby said. "It's all definitely eye opening to me. What was important to me was getting to actually see it in person. That's the biggest thing that Nebraska has to offer, is just Lincoln, the football facilities, the campus and seeing it for yourself. I really like what they are doing over here so it's going to be a tough decision for me."

Dad also came on the visit and loved it. He had all of his questions answered.

"Now I just have to assess everything," Newby said. "Right now I'm uncertain about when I'll make a decision. Nebraska has just given me a lot to think about."

I still think he goes to Cal. Yes he was blown away by Nebraska. But in the end, once the emotions/feelings from the weekend wear off, once he gets home and remembers Cali is his home he's going to want to stick with Cal in the end. He won't leave his comfort zone to go to the distance of NU. I think we absolutely have him commit if we were closer to home but in the end I think his emotions sway him the other way and he stays home.