SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

Anything on him lately? He was looking to commit somewhere pretty quickly until Fish convinced him to wait until he could visit for BRW and it's been silence since.

He's re-evaluating and re-thinking his decision. He said he was going to think over some things... I don't know how long he needs to think it over though. My thought is the longer he waits to commit to Cal, the better it looks for us.

like fowler stated he will arrive on campus the friday before the idaho st game. So far we are the only official visit he has set up. He has added Washington to his initial top 3. His Top 4 now are Oregon, Cal, Nebraska, Washington

I know we've pretty much established this, and i'm a newbie. but, 24/7 has updated that Cal and Nebraska are the only ones in the running for Newby. With that i feel our chance are quite high.

http://247sports.com...ell-Newby-12627

Newby was gonna commit to cal but decided to visit nebraska first he is weighing out the pros and cons of the two. I think we end up landing him in the end but it is far from over I think. I hope I am wrong and I wake up and he committed to nebraska

• 2 weeks later...

I know we've pretty much established this, and i'm a newbie. but, 24/7 has updated that Cal and Nebraska are the only ones in the running for Newby. With that i feel our chance are quite high.

http://247sports.com...ell-Newby-12627

as a newbie (posting in Newby's profile)...can you remove your gigantic sig so that you don't take up 1000+ pixels of my screen every time you post? i'd need a telescope to see the cheerleaders anyways...

• Fire 2

Cal recruiting site pretty confident they get him.

http://www.californi...nd-the-2013-cgb

IMO, Cal has underperformed recently. It wasn't too long ago Tedford was looking good and the man out west...but programs like USC, Stanford, Oregon have taken the mantle which Cal can never seem to grab. I would argue Washington and the AZ schools have become more relevant than Cal which seems mired in mediocrity in the Pac 12.

Newby would be a great back for us and hope we land him in the end.

nebraska sticking out to newby:

Chaminde College Prep's (CA)

Terrell Newby

is one of the top ranked running backs in the country. Coming off a dominating junior season, Newby is looking get even better during his senior season, which could see tough with the offer list that he already has.

“I have offers from 12 schools (Cal,

Nebraska, Oregon, Washington, Arizona State,Colorado, Minnesota, Boston College, Oregon State, Utah, Washington,Washington State)," said the soon to be senior.

[/left]

Newby doesn’t have a top school or list, but four teams seem to stick out, with one sticking out more than the other three, or so it seems.

[/left]

“I’ve visited Nebraska,

UCLA, CAL and USC, I don’t not have any more visits planned as of now, but I'm itching to get out to Oregon," said Newby.

[/left]

As it seems with a lot of recruits, Newby is seeing a large push from Nebraska, who will lose their senior running back next season.?

[/left]

?“I’d have to say Nebraska is recruiting me the hardest they have really stressed how much they need me more than a want," said the

California product. ?

[/left]

“I feel like I can be used in many ways like Rex (Burkhead) is used now and try to incorporate my speed anyway. I can use that in either catching or carrying. And coach Beck and I went over all the ways I would be used going over for about an hour and thirty minutes of film when I was over there.”

[/left]

Newby doesn’t have an exact date for when he would like to make his final decision. But he will for sure do his homework before committing to any school.

[/left]

“I’m not sure when I want to commit, but I’m leaning towards going on all of my official visits first," said Newby.

[/left]

Newby is currently ranked the No. 39 running back in the nation according to Scout.com.

[/left][/left]

Courtesy of bigredreport.com

[/left]