SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

The think I like most, the speed ofc but he has the cut step like Barry Sanders, his head and shoulders go one direction while his waste and feet go the other... See the highlight early in the video... what an awesome change with Taylor. Throw one kid whom is maybe the best North/South runner we've had since Ahman Green and then Newby's speed and cutbacks and defenses are going to be shaken. :)

Very excited to watch these to backs mature here.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping they don't rush either back. Taylor could probably use a full year of limited game action to allow the knee to fully heal and I think Newby, as gifted as he is, could also use a year to put on another 10 lbs. I know we'll need a third back and with Heard gone the door is open. Still, I'd like to limit the hits on both of them.

I'm hoping they don't rush either back. Taylor could probably use a full year of limited game action to allow the knee to fully heal and I think Newby, as gifted as he is, could also use a year to put on another 10 lbs. I know we'll need a third back and with Heard gone the door is open. Still, I'd like to limit the hits on both of them.

I think Adam has proven the knee is fine. As far as putting weight on Terrell, it's easier said than done with these little guys. How much has Ameer added in almost 3 years. I think TNewb would be outstanding at 180-190 range.

His profile has him at 185 already. I'm thinking Ed never gonna have to be a 25 carry back for us with Adam on board so the weight isn't a concern for me.

Thought this was interesting. This staff must have wanted him here real bad.

Via HO -

Did the Nebraska coaches do anything unique in their recruiting?

"Yeah, every coach from every position hit me up on a weekly basis. That was something not a lot of coaching staffs did and it made me feel like family."

• 6 months later...

Everyone was saying Taylor would be the one to watch this year, and no one was really talking about Newby. I think with Cross having another year under his belt and being interviewed saying he understands the offense a lot more, might as well redshirt our other big back and get Cross more carries. Plus Newby is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, and can stiff arm people to the ground , hurdle over people and cut on a dime. I still cant believe that h.s game where he had 360 yards on 16 carries and 8 touchdowns. Very excited to see this guy play...damn is it saturday yet?

• 3 months later...

In this pic from the bowl practice it really looks like Newby has added some muscle. He is standing by 220 King Frazier.

I was really impressed with how tough Newby ran this year. With an entire off season to get stronger and get more comfortable with the offense, he could really be a force next year.

In this pic from the bowl practice it really looks like Newby has added some muscle. He is standing by 220 King Frazier.

I was really impressed with how tough Newby ran this year. With an entire off season to get stronger and get more comfortable with the offense, he could really be a force next year.

I agree, I thought he ran very tough for his size, he didn't seem to shy away from contact. I thought he was going to have more of a break out season but never the less he will spend another year lifting and getting stronger. I'm excited for this team going forward.

• 3 weeks later...